my chameleon is very sick PLEASE HELP

crystal42

My cham is 1 1/2 she just had her 3 clutch,but now she can barely move and wont eat or drink,her eyes are very small,ive been giving her a small amount of water through syringe! she isnt getting better,she is so week,she has never been like this before! how can i help her? Please hurry!

We need photos. Please fill this out. @jannb
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Lizzy is my veiled chameleon! she is almost 2, female, Ive had her for about a 1 1/2! I take her out about 2 a week,shes very sweet,she would lunge out of cage when it was feeding time. I feed her romane lettuce,and veggies, super worms,which i just found out was totally wrong,I was feeding 1 to 2 almost every day!I also feed her crickets couple times a week! we feed once a day at 5pm.calcium powder mixed with wheat bran, for the super worms, and dust crickets with calcium powder or calcium spray! we are spraying calcium on veggies,or powder on crickets every other day depending what we are feeding her. we use zilla, calcium supplement spray and repti,calcium powder,the vitamin reptivite, reptile vitamins with d3, once a month! I have been using a stone water dish which she drinks out of. I mist her couple times a week, just couple sprays cause we have a higher humidity level. I have a few times witnessed her drinking in the past. i do not see any recent fecals,we cleaned cage a few days ago, but whats on floor is brown and white and solid.she hasnt been eating or drinking though for a couple days. she has not been tested for parasites. screen 16 by 16 by 24. she has fake vine plants and thick vines to climb.we are using a halogen 2 in 1 basking and uvb,80 degrees in basking spot, type e 26 socket 75 watt halogen. I dont know brand. 12 hours on 12 off is schedueling. 70 to 75 on floor and 80 degrees on basking spot. 70 at night. we use a thermal gun for the tempatures. humidity levels at 55 to 60 percent. we are misting and have her right by fish aquariums. a barometer for measuring humidity. I am not using live plants. lizzys cage is located at corner wall in livingroom next to 2 fishtanks, her cage from floor to top of cage is 5 feet.we do have a ceiling fan but never on high. we are located north east wisconsin.Current problem, lizzy just had her 3 clutch and now very lethargic, she wont eat or drink,she sleeps all the time dosnt hang on to vine with feet, her eyes are sunken,she is displaying very bright beautiful colors when light goes off,I have been using syring to give her small bits of water and blended up veggies. I am deathly afraid she wont make it through the night.Lizzy has been like my child since ive had her,problem is where i live there is no vet to see her,and the o1 or 2 i found are booked.Please help her,i dont want to lose my best friend!

Attachments

• 20210420_185108.jpg
    20210420_185108.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 20210420_185103.jpg
    20210420_185103.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 157
Photos please.
How many eggs were in the clutches?
Did she dig a hole, lay the eggs in it, fill it in and return to the branches each time?
she had 25 in her bin mostly, I was asleep when she had them. Yes,she digs n but didnt bury all,i have never breed her.

Attachments

• 20210420_185103.jpg
    20210420_185103.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 68
If you have a reptile vet that takes urgent appointments it would be a good idea. Sounds like she may not have laid all her eggs and is now eggbound
If you have a reptile vet that takes urgent appointments it would be a good idea. Sounds like she may not have laid all her eggs and is now eggbound.
the vet we had is apparently now gone and the 2 i did find were completely booked. We held her earlier and was feeling her sides, we couldnt feel anymore eggs.

If you have a reptile vet that takes urgent appointments it would be a good idea. Sounds like she may not have laid all her eggs and is now eggbound.
im new to this and have not slept in 2 days ive been laying next to her cage,so please forgive me if i send multiples. our vet is no longer here and where i live those vets are scarce,the 2 i found are completely booked.

im new to this and have not slept in 2 days ive been laying next to her cage,so please forgive me if i send multiples. our vet is no longer here and where i live those vets are scarce,the 2 i found are completely booked.

You’ll need to tell them it’s an emergency and ask if you can drop her off and they can see her in between appointments. I haven’t looked over your husbandry yet, but getting her to a vet is priority right now.

You’ll need to tell them it’s an emergency and ask if you can drop her off and they can see her in between appointments. I haven’t looked over your husbandry yet, but getting her to a vet is priority right now.
I have tried that, they both refused,I am so frustrated.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

Chameleon Info:
Cage Info:

--------------

Please Note:
Chameleon Info:
Cage Info:

--------------

Please Note:

Attachments​

• 20210420_185108.jpg
    20210420_185108.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210420_185103.jpg
    20210420_185103.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 0

Attachments​

• 20210420_185108.jpg
    20210420_185108.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210420_185103.jpg
    20210420_185103.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 0

Chameleon Info:
Cage Info:

--------------

Please Note:
I did fill out and sent but am new and lack of sleep,i dont know if i sent it in the right place.

She does not look good...deflated head pads on casque...eyes sunken, sitting on the branch in an odd fashion.

How many eggs were int the other clutches? Did she lay them in a hole and fill the hole in each time or not?

She does not look good...deflated head pads on casque...eyes sunken, sitting on the branch in an odd fashion.

How many eggs were int the other clutches? Did she lay them in a hole and fill the hole in each time or not?
she laid 25

she laid 25 she did have them in her bin but not all buried.

Back
Top Bottom