My chameleon is scared

Bluu Mangoo

We just got him yesterday and he is constantly dragging his hands across the walls begging for help. He is afraid of me and he always tries to get out. i need a solution, I really want to bond with him

P.S. He is a veiled chameleon

You need to give him time to get used to his new home and you. Poor little guy is going to be stressed and scared as everything is all new to him. Give him lots of time and respect. Move slowly and just tend to his needs for a couple of weeks until he adjusts. Right now, he has no idea that you aren’t going to eat him.

I agree with @MissSkittles.
Also how do you have the cage set up that he is "begging for help"
If it is not set up properly he will not feel safe and it will be much harder on him they will try to escape the cage because they do not like it. Maybe post some pictures of the cage lighting down.

It’s set up fine. Also, I tried to pet him and he almost bit me. But at the last second, I pulled my hand back.

Welcome to the forum!

So many people come on here and say everything is "fine" and won't post photos or answer the questions (in the how to ask for help thread)... and yet they are having an issue and want help. If we aren't given enough information...how can we help? We are here to help...but we need to know things so we can help.

It’s set up fine. Also, I tried to pet him and he almost bit me. But at the last second, I pulled my hand back.
You should really let him get adjusted to his new environment and not try to make physical contact with him until he is comfortable with his surroundings. Sending pictures of his enclosure will insure proper set up and seeking advice from forum members is priceless.

Just FYI and this is not to be mean but if you got a Chameleon as a pet to "bond with" then you have the wrong type of pet. The people on here ask you questions about your husbandry to help you as much as possible so that your Chameleon has the best quality of life. If you're going to be dismissive and just say "it's fine" then my question for you is are you really looking for help? Having a Chameleon takes time and patience and there are no quick fixes for things.

Back
Top Bottom