My Chameleon is about to die, please help

Rune

My chameleon has had his eyes closed for about 5 days now, and this morning he was on the floor of his cage. I thought that he was dead, but my father was holding him and he took a big breath. He is light green in color, has his eyes closed, and is limp. He is still alive though.
Someone, please tell me what to do to save him.

Please go to the health clinic and fill out the ask for help form. We need alot more info to try and help. Pics of your chameleon also

I just learned from my father that he never misted or gave the chameleon water.
I feel sick now. He is dehydrated.. How do I get him water quick?
And, how can I make sure he is still alive?

I just learned from my father that he never misted or gave the chameleon water.
I feel sick now. He is dehydrated.. How do I get him water quick?
And, how can I make sure he is still alive?

If he can't swallow you can't give him water by mouth. Probably the only way to rehydrate him is to have a vet give him fluids under the skin. Go to a vet ASAP, but it may still be too late if he's in organ failure.

1 . fill out the form
2. get some clear non flavored pedaylite and non needled syringe maybe a eye droppper open her mouth hold her so she is looking up on a angle not straiht up but on incline drop very few at a time drops of it in her mouth giver her time in between to swallow and get it all out of her mouth also keep her warm wile she is drinking. the make this other stuff called reptaboost for situations like this its in pet shops get that and follow it's instructions. if you need any further help text me 973 563 9097 and or post on here there are lots of skilled people on here as well

You may want to consider a warm shower to help re-hydrate before doing more invasive measures. Just place her comfortably on a plant and place in the shower on a very gentle warm mist setting. Close the shower curtains to help maintain a high humidity level. You would be surprised how much this helps revive a chameleon. I wish you the best of luck. Slainte' Ruth

You may want to consider a warm shower to help re-hydrate before doing more invasive measures. Just place her comfortably on a plant and place in the shower on a very gentle warm mist setting. Close the shower curtains to help maintain a high humidity level. You would be surprised how much this helps revive a chameleon. I wish you the best of luck. Slainte' Ruth

This chameleon is lying comatose and minimally responsive. A shower at this point would just be drowning.

You are beyond home care tips. You need a reptile vet for some intensive care measures if he is going to have any chance of living.

Back
Top Bottom