My chameleon! His name is Michael

phorp

This is my Jacksons! His name is Michael. We got him from a Reptile Expo in February, he is almost 9 months old now. For his setup he has a rain system I put together, two Golden Pothos, a fake Pothos with a branch at the top. His cage is 16"L X 16"W X 20"H. Ofcourse a UVB and Heatlamp as well. Pics for you all!

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 116
Ditto - he's gorgeous and also makes me miss my Jackson's. Those are awesome chams. I love the rain setup you have going - how do you get it to drain?

He really is adorable! For the rain setup I have a basin under his enclosure that collects any excess water. I just empty it out once a week. But normally it never gets over 1/4" full. : D

He is beautiful. I love Jacksons. If he is full grown a 16x16x20 cage is pretty small. I put my males in a least a 18x18x36. Never even had a female in any smaller than that. jmo

He looks great, nice pick. Just an observation though, aside from the cage size I would recommend putting some river rocks ( any type of stone to big for your chameleon to ingest will work) over top of the soil in your live plants so he can't accidently ingest soil that could cause impaction.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the suggestions. He will need a bigger cage in the next 6 months or so. I plan to upgrade sometime then. : ] I have never even seen him go down to the plant soil honestly, but it would be a good pre-cautionary measure. I don't want my little guy to get hurt!

Back
Top Bottom