My chameleon hates me and i really need help!

I've given up on her loving me. Maybe one day she'll walk in my hand, but it wont be anytime soon
yeah im starting to accept that he may always be a little asshole but he has actually gotten much better just from me hand feeding him a few worms every morning. im also ordering him a new cage today and redoing his whole enclosure.

Mine never got too angry at me, she was pretty well mannered. Whenever I opened her cage I'd gab a cricket and feed her as a peace offering and she actually seemed to warm up to the idea. Whenever I'd close my hand around her she would prep her tongue to a grab a cricket. She'd follow my hands and walk up onto my arm and after a while she was pretty tame. She rarely hissed at me and she would try and bite even less. That's my experience with my late cham, but it may help you out if you try some of the things.

Mine never got too angry at me, she was pretty well mannered. Whenever I opened her cage I'd gab a cricket and feed her as a peace offering and she actually seemed to warm up to the idea. Whenever I'd close my hand around her she would prep her tongue to a grab a cricket. She'd follow my hands and walk up onto my arm and after a while she was pretty tame. She rarely hissed at me and she would try and bite even less. That's my experience with my late cham, but it may help you out if you try some of the things.

I've tried hand feeding mine, she wont have it. She just moves away. She's a grumpy pants:cautious::D

It takes a lot of trust building and time.... at least thats what I have read. I spend a lot of time with my veiled and he has gotten a lot better but is still quick to let me know if I did something he does not like. I also think he may be going through his teen phase since he is around 6 months now and just likes to let me know he is in charge. I give him his space and only hold him when he asks to get out. Yes believe it or not they may do that. He probably just wants me to carry him to play somewhere else but I enjoy it all the same. The easiest way for me to hold him no matter how he feels is to bait him out with a hornworm. He treats them like a delicacy. I also give him one after I had to move him and upset him as some kind of peace offering. haha

Back
Top Bottom