My chameleon has his mouth open

Rex561

I walk into my room and my chameleons mouth is open and I tried to touch him but it closed,so I just leave him alone. I look back after thirty minutes his mouth is open again so I tried to move him again and the same thing happened. And now I came back into my room and his mouth is open is there something wrong? Here are some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_2704.JPG
    IMG_2704.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 213
I walk into my room and my chameleons mouth is open and I tried to touch him but it closed,so I just leave him alone. I look back after thirty minutes his mouth is open again so I tried to move him again and the same thing happened. And now I came back into my room and his mouth is open is there something wrong? Here are some pictures

This is pretty common in lizards. From what I understand they do this to cool themselves off when they're feeling a little too hot.

my boy was doing this a lot last week, i think due to the rise in temperature. however, this week he hasn't done it so much. I was nervous but it is true, they open their mouths to cool off. my boy still eating and popping and walking around so I cant say hes acting totally uncommon.

It might be that your female chameleon is producing eggs and needs an appropriate egglaying bin in her cage right away.
She looks quite plump in that last photo...I just hope if thats what it is your not to late and she's egg bound.

It might be that your female chameleon is producing eggs and needs an appropriate egglaying bin in her cage right away.
She looks quite plump in that last photo...I just hope if thats what it is your not to late and she's egg bound.
she can lay eggs at 5 months?

They can...her belly looks big enough in the one photo...but I looked back at your other photo and she hasn't got the mustard yellowish splotches she should have if she's sexually mature. Does she have them?

They can...her belly looks big enough in the one photo...but I looked back at your other photo and she hasn't got the mustard yellowish splotches she should have if she's sexually mature. Does she have them?
Where would the yellow splotch be?

Back
Top Bottom