My chameleon has bumps on him.

CometTheOdd

My Chameleon Cosmic has bumps on his skin. I don’t know what it could be. Broken ribs? I need your guys, help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 189
I wouldn’t know. I have had others watch him while I was gone at camp.
Edit: is there also any way to fix the ribs or just let them heal naturally?

Last edited:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled, M, 5 - 6 MO, has been in my care for 3 months
  • Handling- 0-1-2 times a day. Rarely more
  • Feeding - I feed him 5-6 crickets a day with a 2 snacks through the day. I feed him in the morning.
  • Supplements - I don’t have any fr himyet
  • Watering - I squirt him 4-5 times a day with water. I don’t use a mister
  • Fecal Description - White. yellow sometimes
  • History - He has fallen from small heights before.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen 16x 16x 18x. Getting a 2x2x4 soon
  • Lighting - I do it know. I have a Infared light on at night for him. 2 lights are on for him during day.
  • Temperature- 100 or so - 85
  • Humidity - I do not know my humidity levels. I do keep it humid by spraying the place with water every so often.
  • Plants - I have 2 real Hibiscuses
  • Placement - The enclosure is next to a window and is about 1.5 ft off the ground
  • Location - Florida

He needs to be on supplements ASAP. He needs supplemental Calcium, D3 and multivitamins or he will end up with broken bones.
"Supplementation:
Calcium and other vitamins are very important to your chameleon's health. Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks.
If you don't want to buy all 3 supplements get Repashy calcium plus LoD it contains everything and can be used daily on all his feeders.
He may be falling because he doesn't have enough calcium in his system to make his muscles work properly.
Feeding crickets with out supplements is like eating and drinking nothing but soda and never drinking milk.

He needs to be on supplements ASAP. He needs supplemental Calcium, D3 and multivitamins or he will end up with broken bones.
"Supplementation:
Calcium and other vitamins are very important to your chameleon's health. Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks.
If you don't want to buy all 3 supplements get Repashy calcium plus LoD it contains everything and can be used daily on all his feeders.
He may be falling because he doesn't have enough calcium in his system to make his muscles work properly.
Feeding crickets with out supplements is like eating and drinking nothing but soda and never drinking milk.
Ok. I never knew how eccentric the supplements were. I will get him some as soon as possible

• Your Chameleon - Veiled, M, 5 - 6 MO, has been in my care for 3 months
  • Handling- 0-1-2 times a day. Rarely more
  • Feeding - I feed him 5-6 crickets a day with a 2 snacks through the day. I feed him in the morning.
  • Supplements - I don’t have any fr himyet
  • Watering - I squirt him 4-5 times a day with water. I don’t use a mister
  • Fecal Description - White. yellow sometimes
  • History - He has fallen from small heights before.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen 16x 16x 18x. Getting a 2x2x4 soon
  • Lighting - I do it know. I have a Infared light on at night for him. 2 lights are on for him during day.
  • Temperature- 100 or so - 85
  • Humidity - I do not know my humidity levels. I do keep it humid by spraying the place with water every so often.
  • Plants - I have 2 real Hibiscuses
  • Placement - The enclosure is next to a window and is about 1.5 ft off the ground
  • Location - Florida

No lights on at night, ever. This is extremely unhealthy for chameleons. Even infrared lights will prevent them from sleeping. Unless your house goes below 50 degrees F at night, no extra heat is needed. A temperature drop at night is critical to their health.

These are some pretty concerning missteps that demonstrate a lack of basic chameleon husbandry. Please, for the sake of your chameleon, read the care sheet in the resource section of this forum. There are some major changes that need to be made immediately

"Supplementation:
He now has the supplements and everything. Thank you so much. Sorry for not doing so sooner.

Back
Top Bottom