My chameleon has been brown

Crossingtami

Avid Member
I upgraded to a 2 x 2 x 4 enclosure. I have 5.0 uvb, 75 w day white light incandescent zilla bulb, 75 w night heat lamp exo terra bulb, reptifogger. Fake and potho plants. Have seen my 6 month old panther drink a few drops of water. Hes eaten only a few crickets. Was green in old enclosure but now he's been mostly brown. Poop is normal. No changes there. Is he sick? Stressed? Cold?

I upgraded to a 2 x 2 x 4 enclosure. I have 5.0 uvb, 75 w day white light incandescent zilla bulb, 75 w night heat lamp exo terra bulb, reptifogger. Fake and potho plants. Have seen my 6 month old panther drink a few drops of water. Hes eaten only a few crickets. Was green in old enclosure but now he's been mostly brown. Poop is normal. No changes there. Is he sick? Stressed? Cold?
Why are you running heat lamp at night?

It will take him a week or so to adjust to the new cage.

If it's a veiled they aren't ussualy super bright if there super bright or super dark those both can be signs of stress. I origanaly posted about this same thing and @Beman told me it was norman colors. How long have you had it? Plz post pics

If it's a veiled they aren't ussualy super bright if there super bright or super dark those both can be signs of stress. I origanaly posted about this same thing and @Beman told me it was norman colors. How long have you had it? Plz post pics
They have a Panther not a Veiled.

Why are you running heat lamp at night?

It will take him a week or so to adjust to the new cage.
Its only been 2 days since the upgrade. I was just worried. I've been running a day light and uvb during the day and night lamp at night since I've had him. Am I doing this wrong? I am also worried that he's not finding his food as easily as b4. Any suggestions?

Its only been 2 days since the upgrade. I was just worried. I've been running a day light and uvb during the day and night lamp at night since I've had him. Am I doing this wrong? I am also worried that he's not finding his food as easily as b4. Any suggestions?
Hun what are your night time temps? Unless it is below 50 f. you should not be running any heat emitters at night. If it is light producing lamp it will disrupt sleep as well.
I do not free feed my chams. They are cup fed or I use a feeder run.
I like this one specifically www.tkchameleons.com

Can you take a picture for me of the new set up lights down?

Hun what are your night time temps? Unless it is below 50 f. you should not be running any heat emitters at night. If it is light producing lamp it will disrupt sleep as well.
I do not free feed my chams. They are cup fed or I use a feeder run.
I like this one specifically www.tkchameleons.com

Can you take a picture for me of the new set up lights down?
Thanks. Good to know about night lamp. I used to cup feed when he was a little guy. ( I would pull the legs off of the ph crickets with tweezers so he could catch and eat) . I will get a feeder run. I tried to upload a video but it would do it. Ill try a pic.

Omg. So I just went over to my guy, and he's got his color back!

Attachments

• 16001231521478329802270630432351.jpg
    16001231521478329802270630432351.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 96
Thanks. Good to know about night lamp. I used to cup feed when he was a little guy. ( I would pull the legs off of the ph crickets with tweezers so he could catch and eat) . I will get a feeder run. I tried to upload a video but it would do it. Ill try a pic.
I went to tk
I went to tkchameleons did u mean the target cups?

Omg. So I just went over to my guy, and he's got his color back!
They stress with a cage move When you are able to I would look at adding a dwarf umbrella to the cage. It will fill it out nicely for him and provide more drinking surfaces and hiding spots.

Yep no heat at night and no lights. 12 hour on 12 hours off in total darkness.

Back
Top Bottom