My Chameleon had eggs last night ...

nursebasford

Hello,
New Chameleon owner, who just had eggs last night! This is a first for me, I have a bin for her under her cage and she laid them last night. She looked tired this am, so I got her out and gave her a warm spray and she drank some water. She went to her heat lamp at the top of her cage but she still looks like she has eggs? Is this normal, did I get her too early? Will she go back down to finish?

General rule is 24hrs after laying. She should be obviously thinner. Pulling the bin and counting the eggs would help a lot too. She's already been disturbed so might as well take advantage of that to give you a better understanding of what's going on.

General rule is 24hrs after laying. She should be obviously thinner. Pulling the bin and counting the eggs would help a lot too. She's already been disturbed so might as well take advantage of that to give you a better understanding of what's going on.
Should I move eggs to incubator now or wait until she is 100% done

Once the eggs are dug up you don't have a lot of time to put them in the incubator or they will deteriorate and die. Do you know how to set them up?

Without a photo we can't tell if the female may have retained eggs or not and even then it will be somewhat of a guess. If she has, they need to be laid or removed from her by the vet through sutgery.

Back
Top Bottom