my chameleon eyes

owenyeconiel

i dont know what is happening with its left eye. theres no reptile vet in my area.
did anyone know why it is? :(
its like a scar,or discoloration? what should i do to take care of it?
please help me. its my first chameleon.
thanks

Attachments

• IMG01458-20101217-1327.jpg
    IMG01458-20101217-1327.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 181
I'm not sure what you are talking about. Can you describe specifically what you see that is bothering you?

I thought the same as you but if you look closely, right under the eyeball there is a weird blackspot. I have no idea what it can be or it might just be the coloring and nothing at all.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Can you describe specifically what you see that is bothering you?
There is a discolored area on his bottom eye lid. You can see it best if you view the full size image.

It looks like he scratched it at some point to me. It doesn't look swollen or infected or anything so I don't think it's anything to worry about. Was it like that when you got him, or is it something new?

Oh, I see it now. Thank you people with good eyes!

I would agree it looks like a rubbing abrasion.

If it were my chameleon, I'd probably put a bit of antibiotic eye safe ointment on it (available at drug stores!).

Oh, I see it now. Thank you people with good eyes!

I would agree it looks like a rubbing abrasion.

If it were my chameleon, I'd probably put a bit of antibiotic eye safe ointment on it (available at drug stores!).

I agree it looks like he might have had something in his eye and rubbed it against something in his cage to try to clear it and in the process rubbed some of his skin off. Or, it could be a burn, although it would be difficult to get a burn so small and in that area.... I would def put a small amount of antibiotic ointment on it.

my best guess would be that it looks like a rub injury to me. it looks like there is plastic netting available that could have easily done this. it doesnt look infected. i would personally leave it alone and keep an eye on it. if you do start to see any signs of inflammation, i would do two things. i would dilute provodone iodine to like a mild tea soulution and take a qtip and dab the area. then rinse. then put a small dab of polysporin on it. its very close to the eye so doing all this will take some patience.

i kinda confused. haaaaa. it seems burned,but it looks like rub also.. i use heat lamp 20-30 cm away from its cage (bought heat lamp,but just use it for 2 days,didnt use it anymore) . and almost every day it had direct sunlight.
okay,ill buy ointment in drug store. thanks for helping. sorry for my bad english

There is a discolored area on his bottom eye lid. You can see it best if you view the full size image.

It looks like he scratched it at some point to me. It doesn't look swollen or infected or anything so I don't think it's anything to worry about. Was it like that when you got him, or is it something new?

something new,when i bought him,he had nothing on his eyelids.

Back
Top Bottom