My chameleon doesn't climb

Ryguy 1

My male, veiled chameleon isn't climbing any more he used to before he fell down the side of his cage but that was months ago. He is about a year old, we feed him crickets and mealworms. We mist him twice a day and give him vitamin supplements once a week, calcium powder 2 times a wee and d3 twice a month. I have a 18 by 18 by 36 but we turnt it side ways so if he fell again he wouldn't get hurt. I have a waterfall that he laps water from and a uvb light and a heat light. Any suggestions are helpful

Try get some safty net near the bottom part of the cage to catch the falling cham so u wont have to turn ur cage side way.
Also take the cham to a vet n get some Xray done just to make sure nothing broken .

he probably hates the fact that the cage is so low now. I know you are worried about him falling again, but he might be stressed from being so low to the ground all of the time. I second the vet visit idea proposed by alpha, always smart to do after a fall you think may have hurt the little guy. Cham's are great at tolerating pain, so if he is not physically able to climb anymore, something might be seriously wrong. Good luck, let us know how he does!

If the fall was months ago but he's only recently stopped climbing there isn't a big chance IMHO that the two are connected.
Please post some recent photos if him.
What do you feed/gutload the insects with?
How often domyou clean the fountain?

Back
Top Bottom