my cham wont eat much!

armando

hey everyone!
I have a female veiled chameleon...
She has had me worried for about 2 months now....(she is 4 months old)
she has everything she needs since the first day she arrived.
reptibreeze cage, vines, sheferras, mistking running with osmosis inverse water, excellent temperature, uv 5.0 hood, basking spot, natural sun light (from an open window)...
I dont usually handle her... just 2 times at week or so...
I have my own cricket farm, and they are gutloaded with sandrachameleon's dry gutload recipe and carrots, oranges, dandelion greens...
I've been doing EVERYTHING step by step.
but still I cant get her to eat well... she only eats 2 - 3 crickets per day.
crickets are the correct size. (Just like the size of the space between her eyes)
she has a feeding cup, right behind her basking spot, she knows the food is in there, because I see her eating from there... but she doesnt eats much at all!
I dust my crickets with plain calcium everyday, and she gets d3 and vitamins twice a month.
Its REALLY frustating, I have been worried since the first week.
What should I do?????
thanks everyone!!

Hmm, how old is the chameleon? When my jackson got older, her appetite went way down. If she has access to food, I would not worry unless she is having an issue shooting her tongue, or getting the food on her own.

According to the post, she's 4 months old.

I tend to agree with Solid Snake, if everything else is looking good, I don't know that I'd worry about it too much.

If you are housing her correctly, I would not worry too much.
While its recommended that babies eat 10-15 crickets a day, mine never did.
he ate maybe 5-8 a day, and even at 4 months, would go a day without eating (his choice, he had food)
as long as she still eats something, and seems healthy, id just be happy she isnt a piggy, since she is female and is coming up on the age where she can lay eggs (even without being mated)
so a structured and reduced diet is good for her.

Where are u? I live in the uk and my Cham slowed right down feeding in the winter but people in Norway have told me theirs do also when the cold temperature comes...

Back
Top Bottom