my cham got me....

junglefries

Avid Member
So, I got 30 Veil eggs a pippin' and 35 Ambilobe eggs laid, as of last night. A second Ambilobe is diggin' and at 31 days gestation. If I could get my female jackson to drop, also. :eek: (I bought all new bulbs, Bug Burger, Flukers Crix Diet, Repashy Fruit Fly Culture and Mantid eggs for the new year. I still need to buy new Ca, Ca w/D3, and vitamins to replace current, to maintain freshness.) WHAT DID YOUR CHAMELEON GIVE YOU OR VICE VERSA? :)

Veils are HATCHING!!!!

Hatching @ 8pm on Christmas Eve. :eek::) Talk about gifts for the kid. I could have saved money and bought nothing, and still been a hero. :) 29 more to go. :)

Last edited:
Naw, he's just a Scrooge :D

Don't feel bad, I haven't gotten anything in over 20 years. Not even a card. In 1989, several weeks before christmas, I found my parents divorce papers hidden in a medical book. Turns out, both were adulterers. Needless to say I moved out. Doesn't beat the story of the guy I met, whose mom left him in the backseat of a cab on christmas eve. He was 6 days old. :(

Last edited:
Don't feel bad, I haven't gotten anything in over 20 years. Not even a card. In 1989, several weeks before christmas, I found my parents divorce papers hidden in a medical book. Turns out, both were adulterers. Needless to say I moved out. Doesn't beat the story of the guy I met, whose mom left him in the backseat of a cab on christmas eve. He was 6 days old. :(

That was intense!!
Sort of an emotional bomb going off in the middle of a otherwise lighthearted thread.
It made me sad to read it, and I cant believe no one even sends you a card :(

So, I am sending you a virtual, metaphysical, hug! even at the risk of getting
a virtual, metaphysical punch in the chops :eek: :eek:

That was intense!!
Sort of an emotional bomb going off in the middle of a otherwise lighthearted thread.
It made me sad to read it, and I cant believe no one even sends you a card :(

So, I am sending you a virtual, metaphysical, hug! even at the risk of getting
a virtual, metaphysical punch in the chops :eek: :eek:
Thanks, I used to get sick every Christmas as a child. The day after, healthy as a horse. So, for some reason it has always been just a bad holiday. Throw in, my feelings about killing all the indians and stealing their land, all while making it a national holiday and you have a winner. My wife also died two days before thanksgiving in '96. Needless to say, from Thanksgiving to Christmas I am a little off my game. However, I don't dwell or humbug others, except for the little outburst I just wrote. Yeah, not really sure where that came from. Sorry, if it bummed anyone out. At least, I got a crapload of babies to play with. :)

To be honest, this time of year, the 'holidays' is very depressing to me as well, and for very similar reasons.
I cant wait for Spring.

I'm happier when I get to see my chams enjoying being outside.

So, I'm pretty much a recluse animal nerd :eek: :p

Kind of gave up on much of the human race a long time ago :eek:

To be honest, this time of year, the 'holidays' is very depressing to me as well, and for very similar reasons.
I cant wait for Spring.

I'm happier when I get to see my chams enjoying being outside.

So, I'm pretty much a recluse animal nerd :eek: :p

Kind of gave up on much of the human race a long time ago :eek:
The one thing I love about animals, they act according to instinct. They don't lie or attempt to deceive. They react exactly as you expect them. Stick your hand in front of an alligator, you get bit. Try to pet a cat, it scratches you. Try to touch a lizard, it runs. Try to touch a dog, it snuggles and cuddles. Try to interact with a human, you get disappointed. I am such a pessimist, but humanity caused that, literally. I went from the most sweetest and nieve child to the most suspicious of humans, you can imagine. I simply, just don't understand why people do what they do.

Nope, your no a pessimist, your a realist!

I think the social evolution of us humans, and esp Westerner's, is so vastly complex, bombarded by suggestive, behavior modification from every angle.

High tech makes it so much easier for us to build a security wall around us.

We can know someone's body, but we can never know their mind.
Relationships never last, and both are left utterly clueless.

Animals have no choice but to be themselves. :)

This forum continues to amaze me of the intellectuals on here... I suppose there are those who are good chameleon keepers, and apparently thinkers as well. The two must go hand in hand.

This thread is leading me to think that the reason we humans exist is not to further the human race's "advances", but to better the world of chameleons!

Pertaing to last two post (ChameLionLover and crazyrabbit): yes, realist would be more appropriate, but only because of situations and feelings that a normal human being should not have had to experience. It makes me wonder to previous generations and did they have it better than us. I always say, I should have born in the '50s. But, I always get the reply, every generation had similar issues and that history repeats itself. Pets have always been my outlet. I pretty much have had a dog by my side my entire life. I take them with me everywhere I go, that is possible: beach, home depot, store, getting gas, food lion, etc.... and even places I shouldn't. I have been kicked out of a mall or two for trying to sneak a younger dog in with me. They just represent all that is unconditional and NEVER disappoint (if familiar with their behavior). How long will it take humans to realize, you will receive more good feelings from doing something nice, than several bad things that benefit yourself. Karma, law of the universe, or whatever you want to call it, seems to be real. It is a shame though, because no matter how much people could or would change to the better, the one thing (religion) that is supposed to keep them honest, will utterly bring their destruction.

I was born in the 50's :eek: , and I think people were always the way they are right now, only difference was, we didn't know about it, because there was no internet.

Since the 50's, the population went from 5.5 billion, to what it is today, about 8 billion.
By 2020, the population may be as high as 15 billion :eek:

Throw into that mix; pop culture, pop religion, pop politics, increasing apathy, hate and greed. So you get a society trained to abandon thought and follow the sheep for self preservation (weather they believe it or not!!!)

What's in the bank account is what really matters, everything else just makes the game more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom