my cham and food

antoinette

Ok so my cham will eat up ctickets but ehen I offer him superworms he backs up like ewww.lol should I worry he wont eat anything besides crickets?um I havent tryed roaches yet not really scared of bugs just little umm weird holding those things.lol thnks everyone

1. Are you gutloading and dusting your crickets?
2. I'd recommend dubia roaches. I'm not too big on bugs either, but these kinda just look like giant brown roly polys..so they don't bother me haha. Plus they don't smell & are super easy to keep.

Sometimes if you stick your worms On a branch near him/her they will readily go for them.

My 8 month old veiled isn't a big fan of crickets - he won't eat them if we're watching, but he LOVES superworms. He'll even eat them out of my hand.

Hiya yes I bought some stuff from reptile store to gutload the crickets and dusting ive tryed to put the worm on leaves n branches theu just fall on the bottom.lol

Hiya yes I bought some stuff from reptile store to gutload the crickets and dusting ive tryed to put the worm on leaves n branches theu just fall on the bottom.lol

The worms are long and heavy so naturally, yes, they will fall off..

And they are burrowing worms, so naturally they want to go down and hide in something. I actually found a zophobas (superworm) beetle while repotting my ficus tree because I dropped one in the pot and never saw it again. It burrowed into the dirt and pupated into a beetle.

Anyway make sure the calcium has NO d3 in it so you can dust every day.. Calcium with d3 should only be used twice a month.

I recommend buying a feeding cup (like the ones used for parrots) or making one of your own so the worms can easily be seen and eaten by the chameleon while staying in the same place and not getting lost/falling off leaves. And you can count the number of worms your chameleon eats that way.

Back
Top Bottom