My Cam fell and is bleeding!! HELP!!!

ChamCham69

My Cam's terrarium door opens to the left to a window. I open his door all the time because he likes to climb out and look out the window. Well I did that exact thing today, as I have 100 times before, but today he fell. I heard a thud and he was on the floor on all fours. But the top of his horn appears to be skinned.

I ran his horn under some warm water and dabbed it with a cue tip. It looks fleshy but is not pouring blood.
I do not know what to do! Please help!

Will it grow back? If i see infection in a few days I will take him to the vet.

I have attached some pictures for you all. Please help me make my Cam Cam better again.

Thank You!

Attachments

• IMG_8718.jpg
    IMG_8718.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_8719.jpg
    IMG_8719.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_8720.jpg
    IMG_8720.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 182
Welcome to the forms. I'm sorry to hear about your little man's fall. If you have it use some silver sulfadiazine cream on it. If you don't have that use some Neosporin and keep a close eye on it to make sure he stops bleeding and that it doesn't become infected over the next few weeks.

IMG_20160309_105455_430.jpg
You can also go to the store and buy what's called new skin for people! Its used for cuts! I use it to close up cuts on WC chameleons after removing nematodes from under their skin! Once it dries it will keep out any dirt & bacteria, and when your chameleon sheds the next time it will be healed and the newskin will fall off!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom