My cage setup and the Mistking

Trailgem

Avid Member
I pretty much worked all day yesterday on my setup. Luckily the isopods, sprintales and Mistking arrived yesterday.

The picture hopefully shows my setup. I have the Mistking on the floor, same level as the water container. I’m not sure if it works correctly. It’s misting, but not even close to what my crappy monsoon did. Should I buy more nozzles? Longer misting times? With the monsoon I misted 2 minutes and the cage floor was almost flooded (before going Bioactive) With the Mistking I mist for 5 minutes and it barley gets to all the plants. If I add more nozzles, while that lessen the amount of mist for each nozzle?

Anyway draining, I kinda improvised. I used 2 trays. I drilled a bunch holes into the top tray, and used aquarium filter floss as a filter before adding the Suptrade. You can see that I separated the two trays with 2 coated metal “shelfes” which I had.

Also, I Keep the laying bin in the cage permanently. Is that a good idea? Anything I need to watch out for?

Lighting is still the same. Linear T5 HO, but I did order the dual Arcadia fixture last night.

So far she loves it, i think.

Picture attached.

Attachments

• 4025B454-E8E9-4F6D-BD8B-5044F57DC727.jpeg
    4025B454-E8E9-4F6D-BD8B-5044F57DC727.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 296
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
That looks good. With the mist king you might need to raise the water source. Try to get it 8-12 inches above the pump.

That looks good. With the mist king you might need to raise the water source. Try to get it 8-12 inches above the pump.

Thank you. I’ll try that.

Btw, I know you see a TV right next to her cage, but it’s a second bedroom. No one stays there, unless I have a couch surfer over (which rarely happens)

Back
Top Bottom