My brand new Pygmy Chameleon enclosure!

Of course! I am very sorry if you felt that I was blaming it on you. But anyways, I went back to Petsmart today, and going by what you said after you called, looky here!!!

DSCN3432.jpg

DSCN3433.jpg

I am soooo happy now. I dont have to worry about them fighting or anything. I have a 1.2 group in each one! Thanks to all of your advice, I think I am pretty set now! All I need to do is wait for some eggs, and raise the babys in my 5.5g custom glass tank! I am very happy now since I dont have to worry about anything else with them fighting and all.

nice set :)
hey I'm staring to build one to get me some leaf chams too.
We have Reptile Show coming up in 3 weeks here, and Im thinking to pickup some leaf chams there.
I have 20gal. aquarium seating around, and I'm thinking to get pair (male and female )
what you think is the best shot for bottom decoration? Should I got with topsoil and mos on top, or what?
thanks.

I would actually go with top soil if I had the choice again. The moss is nice, and looks great, but the chams keep getting it stuck to their tongues when they are eating. I am afraid they will eat one and get impaction or something! Maybe you could mix a little moss in the dirt for an added look? Or better yet, buy some real frog moss and plant in in the top soil. It will look great, and the chams can't get it stuck to their tongues! Good luck!

Pygmys are amazing!!

I really want Pygmy chameleons! My boyfriend and I cureently own a female veiled and are in the process of getting carpet/jeweled chams! But after that I'm hoping to add some Pygmys to the collection as I just love them soooo much.... I think your pics are great and I hope you have a great time with them.

I have a few questions though-

1) What is the smallest sized terrarium that is recommended for maybe 3 pygmy's?

2) How are they at being handled?

3) Will being in a group cause them to want less human interaction?

Our veiled loves coming out of her terrarium she will actually scratch at the glass doors until someone lets her out, she will then climb on your hand and wait for you to put her down so that she can climb the curtains!! she's great :D

Hey Yoshi,

I currently have 5 Pygmy Chameleons in a 18x18x24" exo-terra tank. 2 guys and 3 girls.

SAM_0239.jpg

I was told by a breeder that you can house a trio in a 30cmx30cmx45cm(12x12x18") set up.

As a rule, they dont like to be handled. its ok when you need to handle them but they dont like to be handled all the time. These chams are not social with humans regardless of if they are kept on their own or in groups!

hope this helps.:)

Thanks! Glad to help, I think setting the tank up is the best part of it all. I live the Pygmy, they are so much fun to watch. Especially when the male decides he wants to some loving! They are such a good pet to keep and if u have the tank set up right there isn't much need to clean them out. Get in touch if you want any advice for your set up, I can recommend a few places for cheap bits etc.

Nice looking set up. We're planning to get some pygmies in the near future and currently making plans for the set up. You mentioned your misting system, but every time I look for systems, I see adverts for 'rain' systems and 'misting' systems and 'foggers' :/ are they all the same thing? if not, what are you using mate, what's best for pygmies.. lol I worry 'rain' systems (from the sound of them) would knock the tiny lil fellows off their branches hehe..

Cheers!
jon

Nice looking set up. We're planning to get some pygmies in the near future and currently making plans for the set up. You mentioned your misting system, but every time I look for systems, I see adverts for 'rain' systems and 'misting' systems and 'foggers' :/ are they all the same thing? if not, what are you using mate, what's best for pygmies.. lol I worry 'rain' systems (from the sound of them) would knock the tiny lil fellows off their branches hehe..

Cheers!
jon

Sorry, my bad - net froze so I refreshed and posted twice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom