My boy has landed!

lele

Avid Member
Well, my 3 month old (on Sunday) Nosy Be arrived this morning. I spend time on "another" forum but really like you all, too (a few of you on both forums) so I am trying to be here more often. I wanted to share the news and pics!

Having only had a veiled (RIP:( ) I am amazed at the size of this thing! If I saw someone trying to sell him I would turn them in to the "selling this cham too young" police! I was told panthers grow slower but I was shocked! He came from an interesting clutch in that many of his siblings did not make it, one had a split tail(!) (he is now at a zoo) and my guy hatched out a full month and a half later than his siblings! This is in part why we felt OK to ship him up to me at just 3 months. He drank, shot crickets, gives me attitude – I think he will be just fine.

Rather than post a bunch of pics, here is a link to his album on webshots: lele's pics

Have not decided on a name yet. Right now he is Attitude Dude, but I have also thought of Skye. He comes from a a pretty amazing bloodline (Kammer's Legolas and Screameleons Sub Zero) are his grandpas and began showing his blue at one month! Guess that extra time in the egg paid off! Lol!

enjoy!
lele

He is so adorable, Lele!

Hey Lele,

Wow! I can't beleive how young he is and from the pics it looks as if he already has alot of blue! He really is something though, and what a lil' cutie! :D Well, Congrats on your new little buddy! I know you will give him a ton of TLC (I tend to give to0 much to my chams...maybe that's why they don't like me. JK, lol) and in a matter of months, that guy is gonna' be huge!! Again, Congrats!

He came from an interesting clutch in that many of his siblings did not make it, one had a split tail(!) (he is now at a zoo) He comes from a a pretty amazing bloodline (Kammer's Legolas and Screameleons Sub Zero)
A split tail?? Like two? Is that normal?? :confused: :confused:

Chamcham505 said:
Hey Lele,

Wow! I can't beleive how young he is and from the pics it looks as if he already has alot of blue! He really is something though, and what a lil' cutie! :D Well, Congrats on your new little buddy! I know you will give him a ton of TLC (I tend to give to0 much to my chams...maybe that's why they don't like me. JK, lol) and in a matter of months, that guy is gonna' be huge!! Again, Congrats!

Hey Michele - thought you were aorund here! Yeah, he is SO tiny! Luan was 2x+ his size at 4 months! You know you'll be seeing LOTS of pics here and -- forum ;)

theorangeaffair said:
A split tail?? Like two? Is that normal?? :confused: :confused:

Nope, not at all! It was like a fork at the end. Haven't seen pics but apparently he had full use of both, though I think they were used pretty much simultaneously. Weird, huh? :eek:

Beautiful little cham you have there; he looks nice and healthy too :) It's amazing how little they are at that age.
thanks for sharing :D

Hey Lele, Congrats on your new Cham! Hes definetly gonna have some beautiful colors on him whenever he gets older. This thread makes me want a Nosy Be even more now hehe.

Have not decided on a name yet.
lol thats one of the toughest parts! I still haven't decided on names for my 2 baby Veileds that I had for 3 months now lol.

Lele... Beautiful! I am thrilled to see so much color at such a young age. I have a female that is the daughter of Sub-Zero that I'm dying to breed (she's ready, but my males aren't :(. I want to breed her to my male Nosy who has ZERO red on him. I think I need to read him a book on the facts of life! :p

I'm very happy for you and he looks gorgeous!

Split tail? Really weird. I wonder what caused that....

Prism Chameleons said:
I have a female that is the daughter of Sub-Zero that I'm dying to breed

so that would make her my guy's aunt or something, right? Maybe once or twice removed - lol! never could get that straight :D

yes! Santa Cards!

I always wanted to put a pointy little santa hat on Luna's casque, but never did...maybe my little Cruiser (possible name) will be driving a sleigh! :D

Cute name! Hopefully by Christmas I'll have some babes too from Sapphire (Sub-zero's daughter) and we can do a Christmas family album, hats and all lol.

Back
Top Bottom