My bioactive mixed species enclosure

I'm from San Diego but have been in Denver for past twenty years. I spend a lot of time in local parks, mountains, green belts looking, none here, though I hear there used to be. Everytime we travel anywhere, my family knows that I'm on the lookout for them. Apparently I need to get to the East Coast! We settled on great smoky mountain as our next National Park purely because I saw a show about it in TV where they talked about how it has the largest concentration and most species of salamanders in the world. I was like "WE'RE GOING THERE!" my husband just rolled his eyes and agreed, he knows there's no sense arguing. I will find a salamander!

Your land sounds lovely, I would love to live somewhere wooded instead of in the city. When I was in San Diego, I was able to keep my chameleons outside in large enclosures like you have year round, so much easier. Keeping chameleons in Denver is much more challenging.

Ahhh, yeah I love PA in the summer, so many trees and a very tropical feel. Too bad we get winters because the chams love spring through fall. The Carolinas are a nice middle ground of mild winter temps and warm humid summers. The whole east of the country seems loaded with critters. I'm not used to the dry climates.

Ahhh, yeah I love PA in the summer, so many trees and a very tropical feel. Too bad we get winters because the chams love spring through fall. The Carolinas are a nice middle ground of mild winter temps and warm humid summers. The whole east of the country seems loaded with critters. I'm not used to the dry climates.
I've lived in two climates; dry and drier. I detest Denver. We went to the Everglades this past spring, the humidity was awesome. My husband and son melted into useless blobs, but I thought it felt great. There was life EVERYWHERE, so incredible compared to here. We have large mammals, but I'm tired of elk, moose, deer, and the like. I prefer scaly, slimy or feathered wildlife, lol. Even the bugs here aren't anything special.

Oh yeah, I visit socal once a year and while I think it is beautiful, I miss the rain and life that the east has. Florida has an amazing amount of wild life haha. Their mosquitoes get a little too ridiculous on the inland though.
I think you're right, Florida is too buggy. It's settled then, I'm moving to North Carolina! Guess I better let the husband know, lol.

I think you're right, Florida is too buggy. It's settled then, I'm moving to North Carolina! Guess I better let the husband know, lol.

My wife is from North Carolina, the bugs there are intense too! Even up in PA they overwhelm at times, but at least the winters slow them down a bit. Florida and the other southern states will literally eat you alive haha.

Many carnivorous plants are from the Carolinas, could grow them outside all year which would be so cool.

My wife is from North Carolina, the bugs there are intense too! Even up in PA they overwhelm at times, but at least the winters slow them down a bit. Florida and the other southern states will literally eat you alive haha.

Many carnivorous plants are from the Carolinas, could grow them outside all year which would be so cool.
@Rst_Cham Have your yard full of carnivorous plants and be the neighborhood crazy witch lady with the man eating plants and all the reptiles!!! :love: :love: :love:

no James, don't tell me that! I was all set on North Carolina! OK, I need super mild winters, beautiful summers, an Ocean, lots of wildlife and greenery around, lots of sunny days, 40-70% humidity, and no mosquitoes or other pest insects eating me alive. K? Where is my ideal place? Oh yeah, I also want salamanders free ranging through the yard.

no James, don't tell me that! I was all set on North Carolina! OK, I need super mild winters, beautiful summers, an Ocean, lots of wildlife and greenery around, lots of sunny days, 40-70% humidity, and no mosquitoes or other pest insects eating me alive. K? Where is my ideal place? Oh yeah, I also want salamanders free ranging through the yard.

Probably heaven, don't think they make that place on earth lol.

Back
Top Bottom