My BIG "kids" ..slitherin' and otherwise

Aminah Undone

IM002518.jpg

Mooka is the love of my life! I've been her companion since she was just a wee little chick, four weeks old. She'll be 2 years old, this May.

MooknSnoop010.jpg

Snoopy is one of my "main men"! He's such a sweetheart.. loves to lounge on the sofa with me. He turns into a "wild child" when he gets outside.. loves to investigate the garden and tortoise enclosure.

IM002522.jpg

Nagas is my special kid. More like "speshul", but I love him all the same!

KaalanRaaja005.jpg

Kaala is my sweet little diva. She's freshly shed, in this pic and ready to have a snack.

KaalanRaaja001.jpg

Raaja, Kaala's bigger sister, is quite the diva herself ..and one of the sweetest girls I've ever encountered.

I love all my "squishies" :)

IM002449.jpg

Hemi is a senior citizen, at 15+, so she gets pampered! She's fresh from a warm shower, here ..about to enjoy some steamed meat with prickly pear.

Picture005-2.jpg

Tank, hiding in the futon fold.. she's a dork sometimes!

Thanks for lookin'!

All your "kids" look great!

Nagas is my special kid. More like "speshul", but I love him all the same!

hahaha...one of my ball pythons is special as well. It's never a dull moment with her! Glad to hear about someone else with a snake that isn't quite all there. I actually think she's more fun to watch and handle...she may be my favorite, but shhh, don't tell the rest! :D

Thanks for the comments, everyone! It's especially nice to have positive comments come from someone admittedly "not a snake person". That means a lot!

cryogen.. the "speshul" ones make it all that much more worth it, I think. ;)

I'm so not into snakes, but it looks like you give yours a wonderful life, letting them outside, etc. Great pics -- thanks for sharing!

I love the picture of your tort… We have a redfoot that loves to roam around our house and gets the royal treatment as well. :)

Thanks, Chad! We had a Cherry Head Red Foot for a few years. (I think someone poisoned her in our backyard, this past Summer :( ) Hemi is our newest.. she came as a rescue from CalPoly campus... she's a Yellow Foot. She free ranges and is mostly potty trained. At least, she knows what a towel on the floor means.. we think. LOL

You can't tell in the pic, but her towel is properly warmed after a shower and meal is served. She is ROTTEN! :)

Sounds better than Red (the red foot)... She will poop anywhere on the tile, but at least she keeps it to the tile and not the carpet. :p

Hemi pretty much keeps the whole deal around her placemat ...she fills up on water ..and it streams out the other end. It's almost comical.. almost! She's a tile pooper, too... fortunately!

People always like to suggest letting her go potty outside, when weather permits her to get in the outdoor enclosure... however ironically, she will hold it until she's back inside. :p

Your burms are beautiful!!! Ive always wanted a granit i just cant ever find a healthy one :/

Thank you!!

My Granite girly came from Joel Thornburg, in WA state. My Labyrinth boy came from Ben Rogers (can't recall where he lives, now). I highly recommend them both. They have excellent animals!!

I am not a snake person either but can admire their beauty! I have enough trouble feeding my cham live insects! I don't even know what kind of live things you have to feed those! uh uh, no way!!! Oh, and your tortoise, he is so cute! I used to have a tortoise for 7 yrs until he climbed under my neighbors fence and was killed by their pit bull. Sad day....:(

Thank you, ijmccollum :)

carol5208.. I don't feed live and I don't advocate feeding live. Most responsible keepers feed frozen/thawed prey items to their animals. It's more humane for the prey and it's much safer for the predator. Of course, there are always exceptions ..some animals will refuse anything but live.. and you just have to work a little harder to get them transitioned.

Thank you, ijmccollum :)

carol5208.. I don't feed live and I don't advocate feeding live. Most responsible keepers feed frozen/thawed prey items to their animals. It's more humane for the prey and it's much safer for the predator. Of course, there are always exceptions ..some animals will refuse anything but live.. and you just have to work a little harder to get them transitioned.

Oh, I am glad to hear that!!!! My neiighbor(the one with the pit bull) had a big python he used to feed live rabbits to. OMG I never liked that guy after finding that out. I love rabbits!!!

Back
Top Bottom