My Beloved Magna Cham

chams1

He held out about 4-5 weeks longer than I thought he would, but unfortunately, Magna Cham, my biggest male and one of my favorite melleri I've ever had and whom I've had for many years, finally passed away in the middle of the night. :( Since the passing of Newbie a few months ago, the prolific egg-laying female who he loved very much, he just hadn't been the same and slowly started his decline. Perhaps it was just his time, but because of the melleri's social nature, I'm guessing most of it had to do with the loss of Newbie.

I will remember him in many ways and have attached a couple recent pics below. But he will best be remembered through his babies that are just about 2 months old. After breeding a few times with Newbie and none of the 4 clutches were 100% (the second to last clutch had promise and incubated to term but all died at hatching for those of you who are newer...), he finally got it right with Darth Francine and thus, the little ones that you have been seeing recent pictures of. At his biggest, he was 587 grams and 23 inches long.

Magna Cham, I'm sure you have rejoined Newbie by now in that giant tree up there and are both feasting on a ton of mantids. :rolleyes::p

228601_108750565878304_100002300838692_92474_909928_n.jpg

226225_108750635878297_100002300838692_92476_238806_n.jpg

260283_120300474723313_100002300838692_180490_7010603_n.jpg

Aww Julie, Im so sorry. It's so hard to loose one of these guys especially the ones that find a special place in your heart. My condolences :(

Crap Julie, even knowing it was coming, losing Magna really sucks. I am so sorry you lost him. But a tiny part of him lives on here with me. Tiny Ra is sad to lose Daddy, but glad to carry part of him on.

He held out about 4-5 weeks longer than I thought he would, but unfortunately, Magna Cham, my biggest male and one of my favorite melleri I've ever had and whom I've had for many years, finally passed away in the middle of the night. :( Since the passing of Newbie a few months ago, the prolific egg-laying female who he loved very much, he just hadn't been the same and slowly started his decline. Perhaps it was just his time, but because of the melleri's social nature, I'm guessing most of it had to do with the loss of Newbie.

I will remember him in many ways and have attached a couple recent pics below. But he will best be remembered through his babies that are just about 2 months old. After breeding a few times with Newbie and none of the 4 clutches were 100% (the second to last clutch had promise and incubated to term but all died at hatching for those of you who are newer...), he finally got it right with Darth Francine and thus, the little ones that you have been seeing recent pictures of. At his biggest, he was 587 grams and 23 inches long.

Magna Cham, I'm sure you have rejoined Newbie by now in that giant tree up there and are both feasting on a ton of mantids. :rolleyes::p

View attachment 41847

View attachment 41848

View attachment 41849

sorry for your lose

Thanks guys. Yes, I have known this was coming for a few months now, but it is still hard nonetheless. I'm sure watching the progression of the combo traits of he and Darth Francine will keep my head elsewhere, though. :)

Back
Top Bottom