my baytril turned orange/yellowish?

dakotakleiner

is it still safe to use..? im going to give him a dose he only has two left. it says keep refrigerated which i forgot to a few days but it turned orange while refrigerated??

I wouldnt advise this.

I'm not an expert by any means but i worked at an animal hospital for a few years and baytril is supposed to be refrigerated for a reason. If u forgot to refrigerate it for a few hours i would say finish it off but a few days?? i'd say its not a good idea to give this to ur chams!!! jus my humble opinion. Discoloration of any medication is a definite sign or spoilage.

Not a few days straight as soon as I remebered I put it back in there but I did leave it out a few days thanks I'll call the vet

Usually it's a good idea to refrigerate Baytril as it breaks down when exposed to light. It will lose potency when exposed to light. If you're seeing yellow, it's best to dispose of that vial and call the vet.

Luis

The vet says it sould be okay if the consistancy didn't change ....iam a little weird by it I think I'm going to take it back he said he can't mix it with water again and hell have to mix it with rasberry flavor or something and it'll be pink .... I don't know what to do I don't like these options

Back
Top Bottom