My basking light broke

OhBoy258

Hi there, I have a 3 months old female veiled cham. I've had her for a couple of days, but now here basking light broke (the cable kinda stopped working, I'm trying to repair it as fast as I can). In the meantime she has her UVB light, and I also put my space ceramic heater on the top of her terrarium. My question is, how long will she be ok with just the ceramic heater? The temps in her enclosure are between 25-30 in the warmer spots (basically under the heater). I think I stabbed myself like twice when trying to put the new cable into the holder :D

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi there, I have a 3 months old female veiled cham. I've had her for a couple of days, but now here basking light broke (the cable kinda stopped working, I'm trying to repair it as fast as I can). In the meantime she has her UVB light, and I also put my space ceramic heater on the top of her terrarium. My question is, how long will she be ok with just the ceramic heater? The temps in her enclosure are between 25-30 in the warmer spots (basically under the heater). I think I stabbed myself like twice when trying to put the new cable into the holder :D

Thanks a lot in advance.

Nvm, already fixed her light. Still wondering how long she would be ok though.

I wouldn't worry about 2-5 days max but would expect a drop in appetite until her metabolism catches back up. The ceramic heat emitter can provide heat but a chameleon won't seek it out like they do a visible basking light

Back
Top Bottom