My baby girl sleeping during the day

I was thinking an standard house hold light bulb like the ones you in your house lamps...man that sounds so dorky when I'm rereading this

No, that's actually the sort of thing most people use (standard incandescent house hold bulbs). I'd suggest getting a variety of wattages to make it easy to find the right one. They're cheap enough that you'd spend more on gas going back and forth to the store than buying 3 the first time. What you will need depends on a lot of things so you just have to try. I ended up using a 60 watt bulb (I have a little Fischer's, their care is very much like Jackson's) but I first tried a 40 watt.

Yes... I went off the deep end on over explaining it.... I forgot to mention that the PAR20 lamps can be purchased at Home Depot.

One other thing... the PAR20 lamps are also a thick glass so they will not break or explode when you accidentally spray water on them. They are for indoor/ourdoor use.

And yes, you can use a normal lamp... 40, 60, 75, 100w lamp. My issue with these lamps is that they are not efficient. I keep several chameleons and have lots of lights plugged in.... so I try and get the most 'bang for my buck' as in... I need the most heat I can get with the least amount of power consumed. This should be on anyones mind even if you have one chameleons.... having two or three lights on all day adds up...

I believe 100 watt bulbs have been outlawed, at least in California. I know my local grocery store has 95 watt bulbs and I'm seriously thinking of grabbing some just in case I need them later.

You are probably right, summoner, about the efficiency, but ease of acquiring is definitely a factor. With gas here at just about $4 a gallon the corner supermarket is already $1 cheaper than the closest Home Depot. Add to that the inconvenience of going to Home Depot in general and the supermarket seems very attractive indeed.

Of course, if I had many chameleons I might feel differently.

You can always plan ahead and make a trip to Home Depot when on your way to somewhere close to it.... PAR20 lamps aren't cheap either... so the money saved on energy might be lost to the cost of the lamp.... but I have seen the cost of light lamps at the grocery store by me and they are double that of similar lamps at Home Depot. It isn't more than 1/2 mile to home depot for me... so....

Back
Top Bottom