My Baby Chameleon Sleeping All Day And Not Eating

Angel Caliz

Soo I Have A Baby Chameleon I Got From My Girl Cuz They Gifted The Chameleon To Her Sister and She Didn’t Wanted It So She Gave It To Me she gave it to me with the cage brand is Exo Terra Small X-Tall size 45 x 45 x 90cm /18”x18”x36” she has a fogger and I mist her cage and everything so my problem is the the first day she was good she came with baby crickets and she was soo small I had to feed her in a smaller spot where she can hunt them and she will eat 5 crickets the next day she did the same with her I took her out her cage and put her in a smaller one with a few baby crickets and I will watch her and she will hunt them down and she ate 5 crickets again the next day she didn’t have much crickets cuz some of them died cuz I didn’t know much about how to take care of the crickets since I wasn’t the one there when they both her Soo yeah she ate 3 crickets and she didn’t wanted the dead ones I decided to get her some crickets the next day but my card got blocked and I couldn’t use no money to buy nothing she stayed a whole day without eating but she was good I made sure she at least had water the next day I went to a pet shop and ask for baby crickets and they gave me a mix of medium to small and some large when I went home I dust a crickets with her reptivite witch are vitamins and this time I wanted to see if she will eat one of my hand I went and grabbed a medium one and hold it on my hand and she went and ate it took her 2 min cuz the crickets went close to her it was more bigger than usual cuz she didn’t put it straight in her mouths She Chewed on it while she was slowly putting in in her mouth so when she was done she was good I went for another and waited for about 5 minutes and nothing so I thought in my head she will be good since she ate a bigger one than usual and it probably got her full Soo I put her back in her cage and left her alone she was good cuz there was time I’ll keep an eye on her cuz I was in love with her cuz I always wanted a chameleon she the night came and she was good the next day I woke up try to feed her and again I waited for 5 min and I was like something wrong I try to wait for a bit and she didn’t want to go for it so I put her back and I’m thinking is she still full cuz she ate a pretty big one I left her and she was good like normal the next day I turn her uvb lights one she was still sleeping witch was wired cuz she be active I try to feed her and she didn’t want none and she was falling asleep on my hand I was scared and I put her back I was watching her all day just sleep I thought she was to tired but then I started thinking if the crickets felt bad in her stomach so I started to look for information about chams sleeping during the day and it’s all bad news and now idk what to do cuz I can’t work cuz of this pandemic so I don’t have money for a vet cuz I called and they told me it can be expensive Soo I looking for help and info with people that probably had there chams go trough the same situation as me cuz I read a lot on here and my baby she moves around when I get close to the cage she open her eyes Ik she not dehydrated cuz I mist her and she has a fogger that drips water drops into her cage when it’s done one thing I had wrong was her lighting when they gave her to me she came with a brand new red heat light and a Reptisun 5.0 UVB light witch was a mini compact fluorescents and I read it’s bad for chams especially baby ones like mine She had the light into she started giving me signals that she something was wrong when I seen her sleeping during the day I went and got her new light I got her a Reptisun 5.0 T5 HO Lamp witch is the right one I read and they told me with her regular Basking Bulb and it’s been 2 days since she had the light my problem is it’s been 4 days she haven’t ate and it’s worrying me cuz she still sleeping during the day when I grabbed her she open her eyes walk on my hand with her eyes open for a while then she find a spot and stay with her eyes close same in her cage but when I look again I see her moving drinking water I seen her trying to clean her eye on the branch but I check her eyes and she don’t have nothing that looks wrong they look the same as when I got her only problem is she just be sleeping and she will some times squeeze her eye like moving it around while she have them close I have gave her a shower and I’m trying my best but I don’t if I should wait a bit more since it’s been 2 days only that she had her proper lighting or what cuz I’m tight on money into next month soo please anybody know anything that can help plz let me know by the way I try to pots a pic but I do t know how too
2E237040-35A8-4C58-921D-18DD906E34E8.jpeg
2E237040-35A8-4C58-921D-18DD906E34E8.jpeg

Hi. Thanks for inquiring about your Cham. I’m def not trying to be disrespectful. Truth. At all. Chams need VERY very detailed care. Especially female chams. I’ve had my girl for about 8 months and she’s cost us about $4k, very possibly more. No shit!

You have to have a nice large cage with fresh air circulation and preferably, live non toxic to chams plants. She’ll need an egg laying bin. They need calcium supplements with and without D3, a multivitamin and feeders that are not the same flavor every day. The feeder insects need to be gut loaded with fresh fruits and veggies to ensure your chams health.

The temp and humidity in your chams enclosure are very important.

They shed frequently. They go on hunger strikes. They will only eat what they feel like eating. It can and will vary from day to day and week to week.

If you are up to the challenge then you’ve come to the right place.

If you are not able to provide everything your baby will need then please let me/us know on here and I’m sure we can find a wonderful home for your beautiful girl.

I’m only sharing my experiences and trying to help.

?

Hi. Thanks for inquiring about your Cham. I’m def not trying to be disrespectful. Truth. At all. Chams need VERY very detailed care. Especially female chams. I’ve had my girl for about 8 months and she’s cost us about $4k, very possibly more. No shit!

You have to have a nice large cage with fresh air circulation and preferably, live non toxic to chams plants. She’ll need an egg laying bin. They need calcium supplements with and without D3, a multivitamin and feeders that are not the same flavor every day. The feeder insects need to be gut loaded with fresh fruits and veggies to ensure your chams health.

The temp and humidity in your chams enclosure are very important.

They shed frequently. They go on hunger strikes. They will only eat what they feel like eating. It can and will vary from day to day and week to week.

If you are up to the challenge then you’ve come to the right place.

If you are not able to provide everything your baby will need then please let me/us know on here and I’m sure we can find a wonderful home for your beautiful girl.

I’m only sharing my experiences and trying to help.

?

I appreciate all the info like a lot man and I am up for the challenge like I said I love my lil Rexy and I will do anything to see her happy and I promise u that Im pretty new and my girlfriend sister already gave her away I don’t wanna do that I wanna take good care of her Ik she a baby cuz she pretty small and I’m trying to learn more and more

Please answer the questions in this thread. Be very specific...give name brands of things like lights and supplements and do the supplements contain calcium, phos, vitamin A or D3 or not and how often you use each one. Be specific about temperatures in the cage and basking area too...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Like kinyonga replied, share as much info as possible. Details, details and pics are wonderful. You can’t give us too much info.

Just to say it if you don’t know what basking or ambient conditions are please ask. I had no friggin idea about any of this when I bought my Lula home.

There are no stupid questions. Just sayin. ?

Like kinyonga replied, share as much info as possible. Details, details and pics are wonderful. You can’t give us too much info.

Just to say it if you don’t know what basking or ambient conditions are please ask. I had no friggin idea about any of this when I bought my Lula home.

There are no stupid questions. Just sayin. ?

85519D9A-17C9-4714-9CDB-25506A1C9F00.jpeg
2CEABBAE-A318-49B8-A412-A8B4CE0AABB3.jpeg
Chamaeleon: Well My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Senegal Chameleon That What They Told Her At Pet World But I’m Not To Sure I Do Know She Is A Female My Girlfriend Told Me And I Been With Her For About A Week Now and she is really small I actually don’t know her age so please don’t be mad cuz I don’t know much about her since I wasn’t there idk if she has got check for parasite I do know she came from pet world

Feeders: I Feed Her Baby Crickets And Now I Start To Feed Her Small Wax Worms Cuz She Hasn’t Been Eating Soo I Thought I Might Get Her Some Different Feeders

Fecal Description: I seen her pop for the first time since she soo small idk what’s all of this since all this was in one spot like if That’s her spot to pop I do know the yellow is very hard and the rest is small Ik this might sound wired but I wanted to see what it was Soo I decided to grab a a stick and break it apart to she if it’s was a worm but Noo it’s was super hard
662CD0F3-C880-4400-B253-301E0E842CCC.jpeg
AF7DB198-2175-40EA-8807-F7AD84BE645D.jpeg

Brand and Cage: Exo Terra Small X-Tall 45 x 45
x90cm / 18” x 18” x 36” it’s Sreen
CE6EC5C4-83D5-4865-8C64-3534686F254E.jpeg

Lighting: ZooMed Reptisun T5 HO UVB 5.0 Basking Light/ Heat light Is 100watt Brand A World Thrive Of Wonder Her Basking Spot Is At 80f and the lower are is at 60 and some times 70 I have a 2 zoomed thermometer gage andone humidity%gage
F4D27DF1-329A-4FFC-8446-A6A02FBFCC49.jpeg
A8B6F128-0452-46AD-974A-E30E029FAAFD.jpeg
0FC42D40-5349-47AA-9FEA-5F13E2B6167B.jpeg

Zoomed Fogger And A Zoomed mist bottle I mist 3 times for 4 min every hour I keep her humidity at 70% day time and 65% Night Time

she doesn’t have real plants in her cage onlyfake plastic ones and some chameleon vines I both at the pet shop

placement: well I have a medium room in the basement and she in a corner not close to it she is like a foot away from the fall except the back part witch is close to it the wall she has ventilation and plenty of foliage and veins

Current situation: Well She Just Sleep All Day And Dont Wanna Eat I Found This Page The Same Day She Showed Me Signals That Something Was Wrong now I’m gonna explain how everything happened and if I did something wrong please correct me cuz I love my lil Rexy and it breaks my heart to see her like that Soo yeah when I got her she came with a lot thing already she had her lights cage feeders like two vines and not much foliage My Chams Was A Gift For My Sister In Law She refuse The Gift And she was being ungrateful saying she was gonna let it die Soo they never gave it to her and my girlfriend always knew I wanted a Chameleon Soo she told her mom if she could gift it to me since I love them and I always admire there nature but I didn’t know much about them so I got the lil Cham I told her what it was she said Female and I started asking her questions about the cham cuz I didn’t know much Soo I wanted to hear what the pet shop told her well she comes to me with the I don’t remember much and that she didn’t know what they where talking about and I got mad and started setting up her cage cuz she was still in her lil box Soo I set up everything and and when I was gonna feed her my girlfriend told me they said she already ate that she should be good for a week and I’m like daaam for a week so I put her in her new cage and I started reading info on them I read they needed more foliage and vines so they won’t stress a lot and the night came and I turned her UVB light off but she came with a red heat light that always stays on Soo I left it on she was good next day before feed her I was reading ways I can feed her cuz she small and I didn’t know much and i seen this info that said to try to feed them in your hand so u can build a bond Soo u tried and she didn’t want to Soo I had this lil plastic cage where I put her in with a few crickets So she can hunt then and eat cuz her original cage is to big and she was good I will watch her and she ate 5 crickets her first day she didn’t wanna hunt no more so I put her back in her cage the next day I tried the same trick and she ate 5 again and she was good and active the next day I was gonna do the same but half of the crickets was dead and except 3 I put her in there thinking she will still eat the dead ones but she just ate the 3 and that’s it I put her back I was planning to buy her more the next day but when I woke up something happened that my card got blocked I couldn’t do nothing Soo she was a whole day without eating I made sure she drank water the next day I went to buy her some and when I asked for baby crickets they gave me small to medium crickets and some large I went and got her more foliage and vines so she can be more better and when I get home I decided to see if she will eat one of my hand Soo I grabbed a pretty big one I put it on my hand and she was on my finger it took her 2 min to go for it cuz the crickets walked up to her she didn’t eat the crickets real quick as she use to do with the baby one cuz this one was more bigger than usual she started chewing on it and it was slowly going in her mouth into she ate it I went for a smaller one and I did the same trick but I waited for 10 min and she didn’t want one Soo I put her back thinking in my head she probably good cuz it was bigger than usual Soo it made her full Soo I kept an eye on her cuz usual I’m in my room 24/7 and I see her cuz she soo amazing the next day I went to feed her and she didn’t want to eat it took me 10 min again and she didn’t want none I put her back and I tried later on and still nothing Soo I left her in the cage mist her cage like usual so she can have water and turned her fogger on and let her be the night comes I do what I usually do turn her uvb light off and leave her red heat light when the next day came she was sleeping still and Ik that was not normal cuz she be pretty close to the entrance so I can get her for food like we was building this bond and that day she didn’t want to eat she was sleeping on my hand I seen her rubbing her eye on a branch Soo I thought she had something in her eye but Noo it was good I could see her pupils and her golden eye so it was good I found this page that same day I started reading all this people with the same problem only thing is that my Rexy moves she opens her eyes when I get close to the cage or her and she not always in the same spot only problem is she not eating and it’s been like 5 days she hasn’t eat and she just sleep there’s time I’ll grab her and she will open her eyes walk on my hand and then Go to sleep My problem is I don’t have money for a vet cuz of all this situation going on around the world money is super tight and I learned I had the wrong lighting so I went and got her the right lights witch is the one in the photos cuz she came with a red heat light witch I read is bad and they can see that at night and she came with a mini compact fluorescent UVB light and it’s not that strong for then so I got her the right stuff and both her different feeders I got her small to medium wax worms and I ordered some black soldiers larvae from amazing witch I’m still waiting on but she don’t wanna eat the wax worms or the crickets I do dust them with Her Reptivite Vitamins Comes With D3
906B8897-0720-4BA8-86AA-668FBC42B750.jpeg

Attachments

• 25CFB8D1-62BA-4967-B847-47635153911D.jpeg
    25CFB8D1-62BA-4967-B847-47635153911D.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 116
View attachment 269296View attachment 269297Chamaeleon: Well My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Senegal Chameleon That What They Told Her At Pet World But I’m Not To Sure I Do Know She Is A Female My Girlfriend Told Me And I Been With Her For About A Week Now and she is really small I actually don’t know her age so please don’t be mad cuz I don’t know much about her since I wasn’t there idk if she has got check for parasite I do know she came from pet world

Feeders: I Feed Her Baby Crickets And Now I Start To Feed Her Small Wax Worms Cuz She Hasn’t Been Eating Soo I Thought I Might Get Her Some Different Feeders

Fecal Description: I seen her pop for the first time since she soo small idk what’s all of this since all this was in one spot like if That’s her spot to pop I do know the yellow is very hard and the rest is small Ik this might sound wired but I wanted to see what it was Soo I decided to grab a a stick and break it apart to she if it’s was a worm but Noo it’s was super hard View attachment 269293View attachment 269292

Brand and Cage: Exo Terra Small X-Tall 45 x 45
x90cm / 18” x 18” x 36” it’s Sreen View attachment 269294

Lighting: ZooMed Reptisun T5 HO UVB 5.0 Basking Light/ Heat light Is 100watt Brand A World Thrive Of Wonder Her Basking Spot Is At 80f and the lower are is at 60 and some times 70 I have a 2 zoomed thermometer gage andone humidity%gage View attachment 269299View attachment 269303View attachment 269304

Zoomed Fogger And A Zoomed mist bottle I mist 3 times for 4 min every hour I keep her humidity at 70% day time and 65% Night Time

she doesn’t have real plants in her cage onlyfake plastic ones and some chameleon vines I both at the pet shop

placement: well I have a medium room in the basement and she in a corner not close to it she is like a foot away from the fall except the back part witch is close to it the wall she has ventilation and plenty of foliage and veins

Current situation: Well She Just Sleep All Day And Dont Wanna Eat I Found This Page The Same Day She Showed Me Signals That Something Was Wrong now I’m gonna explain how everything happened and if I did something wrong please correct me cuz I love my lil Rexy and it breaks my heart to see her like that Soo yeah when I got her she came with a lot thing already she had her lights cage feeders like two vines and not much foliage My Chams Was A Gift For My Sister In Law She refuse The Gift And she was being ungrateful saying she was gonna let it die Soo they never gave it to her and my girlfriend always knew I wanted a Chameleon Soo she told her mom if she could gift it to me since I love them and I always admire there nature but I didn’t know much about them so I got the lil Cham I told her what it was she said Female and I started asking her questions about the cham cuz I didn’t know much Soo I wanted to hear what the pet shop told her well she comes to me with the I don’t remember much and that she didn’t know what they where talking about and I got mad and started setting up her cage cuz she was still in her lil box Soo I set up everything and and when I was gonna feed her my girlfriend told me they said she already ate that she should be good for a week and I’m like daaam for a week so I put her in her new cage and I started reading info on them I read they needed more foliage and vines so they won’t stress a lot and the night came and I turned her UVB light off but she came with a red heat light that always stays on Soo I left it on she was good next day before feed her I was reading ways I can feed her cuz she small and I didn’t know much and i seen this info that said to try to feed them in your hand so u can build a bond Soo u tried and she didn’t want to Soo I had this lil plastic cage where I put her in with a few crickets So she can hunt then and eat cuz her original cage is to big and she was good I will watch her and she ate 5 crickets her first day she didn’t wanna hunt no more so I put her back in her cage the next day I tried the same trick and she ate 5 again and she was good and active the next day I was gonna do the same but half of the crickets was dead and except 3 I put her in there thinking she will still eat the dead ones but she just ate the 3 and that’s it I put her back I was planning to buy her more the next day but when I woke up something happened that my card got blocked I couldn’t do nothing Soo she was a whole day without eating I made sure she drank water the next day I went to buy her some and when I asked for baby crickets they gave me small to medium crickets and some large I went and got her more foliage and vines so she can be more better and when I get home I decided to see if she will eat one of my hand Soo I grabbed a pretty big one I put it on my hand and she was on my finger it took her 2 min to go for it cuz the crickets walked up to her she didn’t eat the crickets real quick as she use to do with the baby one cuz this one was more bigger than usual she started chewing on it and it was slowly going in her mouth into she ate it I went for a smaller one and I did the same trick but I waited for 10 min and she didn’t want one Soo I put her back thinking in my head she probably good cuz it was bigger than usual Soo it made her full Soo I kept an eye on her cuz usual I’m in my room 24/7 and I see her cuz she soo amazing the next day I went to feed her and she didn’t want to eat it took me 10 min again and she didn’t want none I put her back and I tried later on and still nothing Soo I left her in the cage mist her cage like usual so she can have water and turned her fogger on and let her be the night comes I do what I usually do turn her uvb light off and leave her red heat light when the next day came she was sleeping still and Ik that was not normal cuz she be pretty close to the entrance so I can get her for food like we was building this bond and that day she didn’t want to eat she was sleeping on my hand I seen her rubbing her eye on a branch Soo I thought she had something in her eye but Noo it was good I could see her pupils and her golden eye so it was good I found this page that same day I started reading all this people with the same problem only thing is that my Rexy moves she opens her eyes when I get close to the cage or her and she not always in the same spot only problem is she not eating and it’s been like 5 days she hasn’t eat and she just sleep there’s time I’ll grab her and she will open her eyes walk on my hand and then Go to sleep My problem is I don’t have money for a vet cuz of all this situation going on around the world money is super tight and I learned I had the wrong lighting so I went and got her the right lights witch is the one in the photos cuz she came with a red heat light witch I read is bad and they can see that at night and she came with a mini compact fluorescent UVB light and it’s not that strong for then so I got her the right stuff and both her different feeders I got her small to medium wax worms and I ordered some black soldiers larvae from amazing witch I’m still waiting on but she don’t wanna eat the wax worms or the crickets I do dust them with Her Reptivite Vitamins Comes With D3 View attachment 269305

I hope you guys can understand my texting cuz I’m not the greatest I’m nervous too cuz I want my baby to be back how she was I got so attached to her lately my tears been falling cuz im scared she will go out and trust me I’m a grown man but I got attached to her and since I was a lil kid I always wanted a chameleon if anybody need more info I’m more than welcome to share more info plz I need help and I wanna try my best to get her back how she was active and always hungry Ik she small and female is more like a challenge but I’m willing to accept the challenge and she her grow don’t judge me if I do something wrong I’m here to learn that’s why I waited to get accepted to this page just Soo I can learn more and help my Rexy Ohh By The Way Her Name Is Rexy Ik I Didn’t Put It Up There

What is the temperature in the room when you're handling her and she falls asleep on your hand? i wouldn't be handling her much when she's having issues.

She should be having appropriate sized insects that you have fed well/gutloaded with greens like dandelion greens, kale, collards, mustard greens, and veggies such as squash, zucchini, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, carrots, and a bit of fruit such as berries, papaya, apples, pears, etc. The insects should be dusted lightly (just before feeding them to her) with a phos free calcium powder at all the feedings but 4 a month. Two of those feedings, once every two weeks you should dust with a phos free calcium powder lightly and on the remaining two times a month two weeks apart you should dust with a vitamin powder that contains no D3 and has a beta carotene prOformed source of vitamin A. This is safe and leaves it up to you to decide if/when you need to use little prEformed vitamin A. PrEformed vitamin A builds up in the system and can cause health issues if overdone but beta carotene won't....but it's not known if any chameleons can convert the beta carotene or not. D3 from supplements can build up too and cause health issues, so we only do it twice a month and let the chameleon produce the rest of the D3 it needs from its exposure to the UVB light provided for it.

It would be good for you to have a test done for parasites.
Her poop shouldn't be so dry and her urates are quite orange which indicate dehydration.

It would be better to have real pants that are non toxic and well washed both sides of the leaves in e cage.

There should be no lights on at all at night and there's no need for heat unless the temperatures fall below 55 F at night.

I've likely missed things so I hope others will chime in.

It's not good that the eyes are being kept shut during the day.
I'm wondering if some of it is husbandry related but it would be good if you took her to a good chameleon vet.

What is the temperature in the room when you're handling her and she falls asleep on your hand? i wouldn't be handling her much when she's having issues.

She should be having appropriate sized insects that you have fed well/gutloaded with greens like dandelion greens, kale, collards, mustard greens, and veggies such as squash, zucchini, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, carrots, and a bit of fruit such as berries, papaya, apples, pears, etc. The insects should be dusted lightly (just before feeding them to her) with a phos free calcium powder at all the feedings but 4 a month. Two of those feedings, once every two weeks you should dust with a phos free calcium powder lightly and on the remaining two times a month two weeks apart you should dust with a vitamin powder that contains no D3 and has a beta carotene prOformed source of vitamin A. This is safe and leaves it up to you to decide if/when you need to use little prEformed vitamin A. PrEformed vitamin A builds up in the system and can cause health issues if overdone but beta carotene won't....but it's not known if any chameleons can convert the beta carotene or not. D3 from supplements can build up too and cause health issues, so we only do it twice a month and let the chameleon produce the rest of the D3 it needs from its exposure to the UVB light provided for it.

It would be good for you to have a test done for parasites.
Her poop shouldn't be so dry and her urates are quite orange which indicate dehydration.

It would be better to have real pants that are non toxic and well washed both sides of the leaves in e cage.

There should be no lights on at all at night and there's no need for heat unless the temperatures fall below 55 F at night.

I've likely missed things so I hope others will chime in.

It's not good that the eyes are being kept shut during the day.
I'm wondering if some of it is husbandry related but it would be good if you took her to a good chameleon vet.

thanks I appreciate the info and I didn’t know it’s only two times a month thanks for that and I do gutload the feeders with fruit and veggies her pop is not hard the yellow is and around where I live they don’t know much they just charge a lot and then tell me they don’t know much about them and I stopped having the light on when I changed it Soo she been about 3 nights with no light and I seen she been sleeping better and my room temperature is around 60 to 50 cuz I have a little heater So atnight her temperature is on 75 in her cage and I will stop handling her I appreciate all the info a lot cuz I wanna do the best for her

I know nothing about Senegal chameleons but for general chameleon care, no lights or heat on at night. If your temperatures get really cold at night, like below 60* you could provide a ceramic heat bulb. No red or other colored lights...they are not good for chameleon eyes. I wouldn’t move her to a separate place to feed her...that could be very stressful for her. Her feeders need to be the appropriate size. Anything bigger than the space between her eyes is too big. I use a small plastic cup that yogurt or something originally came in to feed my little one without the crickets escaping so easily. The bsfl you ordered may be better feeders for her for now as they are small and don’t escape very well. However, she looks so very tiny that perhaps flightless fruit flies and pinhead sized crickets would be better sized. Hand feeding may not be such a good idea right now and could cause her stress. If you are using the Reptivite with every feeding, you are overdosing her on vitamins. You need to follow the supplement and other instruction given to you by @kinyonga. You said you have a Fogger. Are you using that during the day? Again, I don’t know the specific humidity needs of Senegal’s, but generally no fogger should be used during the day...use only at night when it’s cooler. It is important to know temperature and humidity levels.
You don’t say how long you’ve had her for. It is very possible that you were sold a sick chameleon. Chain pet stores are known to sell sick animals. They are also known for not really knowing the proper way to care for many of the animals they sell.
Chameleons are very sensitive and get stressed easily. Their care needs to be 100% correct or they can get sick before you know it. With babies, it’s even more true. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation out there about proper care for them, so be careful. Besides this forum, the links already provided to you are the best for learning more. You sound as though you care very deeply for Rexy, so I hope you’ll check those links out and learn learn learn.

I know nothing about Senegal chameleons but for general chameleon care, no lights or heat on at night. If your temperatures get really cold at night, like below 60* you could provide a ceramic heat bulb. No red or other colored lights...they are not good for chameleon eyes. I wouldn’t move her to a separate place to feed her...that could be very stressful for her. Her feeders need to be the appropriate size. Anything bigger than the space between her eyes is too big. I use a small plastic cup that yogurt or something originally came in to feed my little one without the crickets escaping so easily. The bsfl you ordered may be better feeders for her for now as they are small and don’t escape very well. However, she looks so very tiny that perhaps flightless fruit flies and pinhead sized crickets would be better sized. Hand feeding may not be such a good idea right now and could cause her stress. If you are using the Reptivite with every feeding, you are overdosing her on vitamins. You need to follow the supplement and other instruction given to you by @kinyonga. You said you have a Fogger. Are you using that during the day? Again, I don’t know the specific humidity needs of Senegal’s, but generally no fogger should be used during the day...use only at night when it’s cooler. It is important to know temperature and humidity levels.
You don’t say how long you’ve had her for. It is very possible that you were sold a sick chameleon. Chain pet stores are known to sell sick animals. They are also known for not really knowing the proper way to care for many of the animals they sell.
Chameleons are very sensitive and get stressed easily. Their care needs to be 100% correct or they can get sick before you know it. With babies, it’s even more true. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation out there about proper care for them, so be careful. Besides this forum, the links already provided to you are the best for learning more. You sound as though you care very deeply for Rexy, so I hope you’ll check those links out and learn learn learn.

And my bad if I didn’t let you know how long I had her it’s been a full week that I had her and thanks for the info of the fogger I didn’t know that either I’m thankful for all you guys fr I am cuz I’m learning a lot right now and I Hope from now on she just gets better cuz I woke up today and she had her eyes open and moving soo I’m kinda happy about that now I do have a cup for her Soo I’m gonna try it out today thanks I appreciate everything you guys are doing for me

Keep us posted on her!

Well I’m Happy To Say She Ate Today Her Black Soldiers Larvae She Loved Them And I’m Happy She Ate Cuz That Was One Of The Problems And I’m Happy To Say That She Opening Her Eyes More Soo not all the time I see her with her eyes close ? and I will keep you guys updated on more info about her progress thank you guys a lot for all the help and info you guys provided

Well New Update My Baby Rexy Is Getting Better Today I Seen Her So Active I Seen Her On Her Lil Cup Eating Plus Some Cricket Escaped And She Hunt Them Down In Her Cage Like Now Her Eyes Are Open and she now eats 3 different feeders I been keeping her cage 100% right and I stoped trying to grab her and I can see her happy ? I thank all the people that gave me advice and everything cuz now my bby Rexy Is back How She Was You Guys Are The Best And Thanks For Everything Tomorrow I Will Be Posting Picture Of Her So You Giys Can She How Much Better She looks ??

So good to hear that your little sweetie is doing better. ☺ Definitely we want pics! Did we determine for sure Rexy is a girl? If she is, as she gets older she’ll lay infertile eggs and will need to have a lay bin in her enclosure to do that. Usually they start when they get around 6 months old or so. This will help you with setting up the bin.https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/
You’ve got plenty of time...I just wanted to make sure you’re aware. :)

So good to hear that your little sweetie is doing better. ☺ Definitely we want pics! Did we determine for sure Rexy is a girl? If she is, as she gets older she’ll lay infertile eggs and will need to have a lay bin in her enclosure to do that. Usually they start when they get around 6 months old or so. This will help you with setting up the bin.https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/

Thanks For The Info And I Will Get On That Asap To Learn And Be Ready And I Will Post Pic Tomorrow Of Her Eating And Everything I would’ve done it now but she went to her cool spot Soo she don’t like when I get close to her spot lol ? ig I’m not cool
Enough but I’m happy for the help and info and for u guys taking a bit of your time to help me out

I wanted To Find Out If Chameleons Can Eat such things as Fruits And Veggies If Soo Can Somebody Let Me Know What Kinda Fruits Can I Give Her Cuz I Gut Load My Crickets With Tomatoes Apple and other veggies and fruits but I wanted to know if the chameleon can eat fruits too

Back
Top Bottom