My baby cham acts wierd...

yolobrat

People i need some advice!
Got my baby veiled yesterday (female,3 months old). When she first came she drank a lot and after a while she started to avoid water so i stoped misting... so today in the morning she ate only 4 or 5 crickets but i made a mistake and I gave her pretty large crickets and after she ate them she made some strange movements and went to hotspot and she sleeps there all the time... she wakes up when i start to mist but today she drank so little...and she moves so slowly today but yesterday she was pretty fast...she is in this position almost whole day! Is that normal?

In this position...

Attachments

• 20180425_205127.jpg
    20180425_205127.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 64
No, I'm sorry to say that that is not at all normal. She does not look healthy in that picture and it's very good that you came here for help, as she needs it. To help us help you better, please fill out the following form (do not leave out any information) and make sure to include pictures of the enclosure you're keeping her in. More pics of her would help, too. It is never good when a chameleon closes its eyes during the day and you will likely need to take it to a veterinarian.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

No, I'm sorry to say that that is not at all normal. She does not look healthy in that picture and it's very good that you came here for help, as she needs it. To help us help you better, please fill out the following form (do not leave out any information) and make sure to include pictures of the enclosure you're keeping her in. More pics of her would help, too. It is never good when a chameleon closes its eyes during the day and you will likely need to take it to a veterinarian.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
I dont think that current enviorment and conditions matter right now because i got it yesterday...glass tank 60X120X60 cm and for misting i simply spray the water on plants near her...i fed her only once she ate crickets i offered roaches but she didnt eat them....

Some things that would make her shut her eyes during the day this quickly, besides illness, include low temperatures, incorrect lighting and stressful situations. If you aren't sure wether or not you have any of these factors then the best way to find out is to do a review of your husbandry. I know it's a lot to fill out but it can help.
Regardless I would contact the pet store and let them know she isn't doing well and see what they want to do.

Some things that would make her shut her eyes during the day this quickly, besides illness, include low temperatures, incorrect lighting and stressful situations. If you aren't sure wether or not you have any of these factors then the best way to find out is to do a review of your husbandry. I know it's a lot to fill out but it can help.
Regardless I would contact the pet store and let them know she isn't doing well and see what they want to do.
It has been stressful to her yesterday for sure...she traveled for 5 h by bus...i use those lights...workers in the pet store said that this is what she needs...but now i dont se UVB mark only UV....

Attachments

• 20180425_220059.jpg
    20180425_220059.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 84
I dont think that current enviorment and conditions matter right now because i got it yesterday...glass tank 60X120X60 cm and for misting i simply spray the water on plants near her...i fed her only once she ate crickets i offered roaches but she didnt eat them....

We are going to need to know how you plan on taking care of her one way or another. She is not doing well, so it is critical that you get your husbandry in check immediately - and we can help with that. I don't know how you expect any help if you won't give us information.

If it's not something you did, then she was probably unwell to begin with. Like Jacksjill said above, things like your lighting could be affecting her. If you don't want to fill out the form (which is a simple request request given to all new members), then you definitely need to take her to a vet

^ The above is exactly why you need to fill out the form. It will ensure that we know what equipment you're using, thus allowing us to tell you if it isn't suited to chameleons. Since you already have some improper equipment, chances are you have more. Especially if you listened to the people who sold you the wrong lights. Pet store owners rarely know what they're talking about when it comes to chameleons, unless they specialize in them.

This is the cage...thick branches are vines and thin ones are fig tree...the rest are not live plants....today i sprayed the water 5 times a lot...i simply cant say much i have her one day

Attachments

• 20180425_091248.jpg
    20180425_091248.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 40
It say that temperature should be around 29C and its so hot period of year in my town that temperatures in my room are around that...so no way its too cold....and thank you guys for trying to help!
Are you sure that these are not proper lights? I cant belive that!!! I cant belive that those workers are so stupid...

Back
Top Bottom