My 1 year old veiled Chameleon

she looks dehydrated too, her eyes look a little sunken in mke sure to up those misting times

she looks dehydrated too, her eyes look a little sunken in mke sure to up those misting times
She is barely moving, I’m still waiting on a reply from our vet, would giving her a bath help? I can try feeding her come crickets too?

She is barely moving, I’m still waiting on a reply from our vet, would giving her a bath help? I can try feeding her come crickets too?
Baths are no good. You can try a “shower”. Turn the shower head so it’s facing the wall, then take a branch, stand, plant, etc. and put it in the shower to where it gets lightly misted by the offspray. Only use room temperature water. Leave her in there supervised for 15-30 minutes

Baths are no good. You can try a “shower”. Turn the shower head so it’s facing the wall, then take a branch, stand, plant, etc. and put it in the shower to where it gets lightly misted by the offspray. Only use room temperature water. Leave her in there supervised for 15-30 minutes
I put her in the shower for about 25 minutes(I supervised her) she drank some water and moved some, she is now back in her cage hanging onto her leaves and luckily not falling! I can’t see a vet until Monday

She is severely dehydrated. She doesnt have bad MBD (she may be suffering eye issues from it and vit a deffeciency) from her pics if she does have it. I would shower her for 25-30 minutes once a day right now and mist for 4-5 times a day for 2 minutes minimally each time. Set a timer. She needs it. You need to desperately increase her fluids. Dont feed her right now or it could cause kidney failure unless its hornworms. If she needs help supporting herself in the showers i have taken showers with my extremely sick rescues before. Its pretty cold for us people for the temps they do best at, but worth it.

Make sure the vet flushes her eyes as well as giving her hopefully other care. My vet usually gives a multi vitamin booster, flushes eyes, and then sends me home with liquid calcium for this kind of thing. I wouldnt say shes not gravid. I lost a smaller looking girl just recently on the surgery table due to being egg bound. She had a lay bin and i got her oxytocin. She just didnt do well.

Back
Top Bottom