Mushrooms in Chameleon Enclosure

Jc555

Hi im about ready to do a full cleaning of my chameleons enclosure upon the discovery of a mushroom which i had already removed everything in the enclosure is fake except a huge branch in which the mushroom was growing off, as well i dont have a leakage system currently and i have been using a towel as substrate to absorb water and no a deep brown gooey liquid has formed at the base of the branch and towel, due to i assume the water staying in the enclosure with the towel which will be removed with a drainage system today, as well as the branch is turning slightly lighter/whiter as in the pics. Just is the mushroom/whitening of wood a serious problem? (Mushrooms i heard were somewhat common, a good sign of humidity and should just be removed of first spot), let me know what i should do cleaning this enclosure out thanks. (1st vs 2nd photo is whitening side versus brown/normal side) 3rd is brown liquid thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 70
It's the fungus(mycelium) spreading. It's due to the wood you're using. Just wipe it off and use actual branches and it won't happen.

It's the fungus(mycelium) spreading. It's due to the wood you're using. Just wipe it off and use actual branches and it won't happen.

I just got this branch from a large chain reptile outlet, what kind of branch do i use and is this bad?

I wouldn't say it's bad, but for a non bio enclosure it's probably not the best thing to have in there, though I doubt it'd cause problems. Use branches from safe trees outside. Just go collect some. I trim a few off an oak tree in the yard. Just dont use anything that's treated with chemicals/pesticides

Back
Top Bottom