Mushrooms In Bioactive

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey guys, small question there are mushrooms popping up in Codas cage, should I be worried?
image.jpg

Somebody more experienced will chime in. If you have a panther, I wouldn't worry too much. Veilds will probably take a chomp out of it though.

Thats cool that they grew in there. Those look like the trippy kind do u have a veiled chameleon? If these bruise purple they maybe psylasiben mushrooms. If it ate em it’d be in for one hell of a ride if they are lol ??

Thats cool that they grew in there. Those look like the trippy kind do u have a veiled chameleon? If these bruise purple they maybe psylasiben mushrooms. If it ate em it’d be in for one hell of a ride if they are lol ??
Lol yes I have a veiled, idk if id eat them though I don’t like mushrooms in the first place. The texture is way off.

So I just found these in my ficus pot!? Wtf how the hell did it get there!? What should I do? Let em grow? Throw em in the roach bin? This has never happened to me before, I also just released lady bugs to fight my TERRIBLE aphid infestation, will they eat that??🤔

Attachments

• 20210312_141031.jpg
    20210312_141031.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 63
They shouldn't hurt your cham as long as it doesn't eat them, but it could be a sign you're keeping your plants a bit too wet. Allowing them to dry a little more between waterings will usually keep mushrooms from popping up. If you have any springtails on hand, they'll love to much on them!

They shouldn't hurt your cham as long as it doesn't eat them, but it could be a sign you're keeping your plants a bit too wet. Allowing them to dry a little more between waterings will usually keep mushrooms from popping up. If you have any springtails on hand, they'll love to much on them!
Well this is in my plant room, not anywhere NEAR my cham but it was just totally unexpected but I DO keep it very humid, I just don't understand how they got there in the 1st place!🥴

Haha, well, if the stems don't bruise purple you're out of luck 😄 Spores are pretty much everywhere, it's no failing on your part. Even if you sterilized everything before introducing it to the room, the airflow would eventually bring some in. Fungus will rule the world (and possibly already does 😶)

Back
Top Bottom