Multiple Panthers in Free Range?

Panthor

Hey guys I am interested to see if anyone keeps multiple Panthers in a free range.

If so can you please post the size of your range, sexes of your chams and age and number of chams please.

Cheers

P

I keep multiple panther males in a large (17x19ft) room. Ages from 1 to over 2 years old. Each has a seperate basking and UV light source and seperate trees and climbing areas. They do go into each others areas somewhat frequently. There have been no problems to date. I also have a male veiled that hangs out in the same area.

Now, I absolutely do NOT recommend this to anyone that is new to chameleons OR new to free ranging. There are many factors to consider before free ranging ONE chameleon much less attempting it with multiple chams in the same room/area. What works for me may not work for you, and free ranging is not for everyone. The safety and health of the animal must be the first priority.

I keep multiple panther males in a large (17x19ft) room. Ages from 1 to over 2 years old. Each has a seperate basking and UV light source and seperate trees and climbing areas. They do go into each others areas somewhat frequently. There have been no problems to date. I also have a male veiled that hangs out in the same area.

Now, I absolutely do NOT recommend this to anyone that is new to chameleons OR new to free ranging. There are many factors to consider before free ranging ONE chameleon much less attempting it with multiple chams in the same room/area. What works for me may not work for you, and free ranging is not for everyone. The safety and health of the animal must be the first priority.

Do you have pics? It would be amazing to see this.

I don't typically take pics of my setups, just the chams. But I will try to get some. I took this pic of my veiled Jasper hanging out with my ambanja Edward in his free range tree. They are both around a year old.

Attachments

• J&E.jpg
    J&E.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 372
A chameleon free range room would be so fun. I have 2-3 chames in my office and a few extra enclosures for future expansion. I love the trees around me and the rainforest feeling. How do you manage the bugs?

I cup or hand feed. There are still a few stray bugs that get away though. I can't imagine a herpers house without a few stray feeders though. lol

Lol thats so cool, also when free ranging do you find the chams make a mess? Anyone free range with females?

Cheers

They do not make messes. They typically go to the bathroom in the same place, which has paper laid down. Easy clean up. I do have a veiled female that free ranges, but I do try to keep her seperate from the males. I have a couple mellers that free range also, one of them could be female. lol

Heather thanks for the pictures, they are cool. Thanks also for explaining that one needs to work up to free ranging and doing it well like you do. Good job!!:)

Heather thanks for the pictures, they are cool. Thanks also for explaining that one needs to work up to free ranging and doing it well like you do. Good job!!:)

It is very important to remind people that free ranging is an advanced method of keeping animals.

I think it was just a couple of weeks ago I saw a thread or got a PM from someone who had lost their cham to bad free ranging..... It isn't really a science.... and it doesn't work for all chameleons.

Thanks guys for the compliments. I do want to reiterate that not everyone is able to free range safely or properly. It takes time and careful thought to provide a safe area for a free chameleon. You should realize that when there are no cage walls, a cham CAN GO ANYWHERE. I do love having my chams all around me and yes, it is pretty dang cool, BUT, that is not the reasons to decide to free range.

well spoken, and sounds like a perfect set up..

Back
Top Bottom