Mt meru dwarf jacksons.

I have a pair the female is prego i hoping i will get some babies and can raise them successfully im expecting a challenge, your not gonna find many CB ones out there, they do come in wc now and then.

FL Chams needs to post some pics of those babies ;)

How do you know your jackson is pregnant. I heard they are difficult to diagnose.
Sometimes, you just know. :D
untitled.jpg

I got her as a juvie and she mated with my male and has been getting a belly over a few months I have keept a few live bearing species. if you get an adult wc female sometimes it can be hard her coloration changed as well she wears a darker tone then her nongravid self she also wants nothing to do with the male now.

Thanks Will. LMAO

I heard that unlike other species they dont show eggs because they give live births. What if i buy one and the female is just really huge?

I think the merus are a easier to notice gavidneess because they are smaller xanth females i have heard can be a challange at times though.

Hi Schegini14

If you're planning to get a meru and need some help with information and setup, I've been keeping a male meru for a bit less than a year now in Central Texas with pretty good success I like to think. Just a thought about these guys... since they are montane species, if you live in an arid or very dry climate like I do, keeping the humidity high enough will be the most challenging aspect.

Hope you find your CB Meru!

Hi Schegini14

If you're planning to get a meru and need some help with information and setup, I've been keeping a male meru for a bit less than a year now in Central Texas with pretty good success I like to think. Just a thought about these guys... since they are montane species, if you live in an arid or very dry climate like I do, keeping the humidity high enough will be the most challenging aspect.

Hope you find your CB Meru!

I dont think Humidity would be a problem since I live in California. Thanks for the info.

here is my male and female

IMGP0960.jpg

IMGP0810.jpg

I keep them in screened cages they are on a misting system plants sticks same as my other chams asside from they only have small 25watt bulbs on them now that its winter here (im in canada) they are liking the cooler temps though. I run a humidifier if the humidity drops. Im ususing montain shade supplements and gutloaded crix and other feeders.

Last edited:
www.chameleonforums.com/diy-misting-system-1995/

I made this myself and use it with my jackson's cage. I have messed with this quite a bit. Depending on how you pressurize it I have had it run for 20-30 minutes.
I use a "Reli On" ultrasonic humidifier Model#H-0695-0. I believe it was $28-30 at the local Wal Mart in my area. Plus the tubing and stuff it ran me about $40-45.

I always wanted a Meru.

Back
Top Bottom