Moving with Chams...he is pissed!!

Peachypink

Chameleon Enthusiast
IMG_1408.JPG
IMG_1406.JPG
Hey all! I have been MIA for quite a while as we have been crazy busy but I wanted to jump back on let y'all know what is happening here. DZ(male ambanja from Kramers) is doing awesome. He's grown like a weed and loves his Dragonstrand Large Atrium. Hansel(male Veiled I took with MBD is also doing awesome. He was so friendly at first, until he was strong enough and I put him in a proper cage and not a "hospital cage". He is thrilled that he has places to hide and has definetly hit the teenage leave me alone stage. I'm happy to oblige and let him be after he was in a 12x12 glass box until he was almost a year before I got him.

Neither of them like to be messed with. Normally that is not an issue. Until today. Lol. We are moving soon and I need to take apart DZ's large Atrium so the movers can take it. They start packing is up on Wednesday. So, I got DZ into his "playpen" which will be his temp cage for a few weeks. I plan on keeping both outside so we can pack up lights and cages. He was not happy and it took me a while to get him in there. I know I should have been practicing by putting him in there to give him outside time anyway but he really hates being messed with. I'm regretting that a bit. So now he's finally in it and is outside but he's not moved for about 15 minutes now. He's so not happy. I'm giving him some space and hopefully he will settle. I plan on fixing boxes with a perch and towels for the actually move day. We will be traveling about 7 hours so not too bad.

He'll adapt. Chams hate change. They resent changes in their territories which makes sense.

It took him a few hours but now he's finally in the plant and not hanging upside down from the top. And he's back to his normal blues and reds. I have never seen him go yellow before like the below picture. That how I knew he was really pissed off. Thanks for the encouraging wisdom though. He's the first one I've had that won't let me handle him at all so I worry that the stress is going to get him.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 126
We're all moved and everyone is back in their permanent cages. They were in their temp cages for about 2 1/2 weeks being kept mostly outside(I brought them in at night since our new house is out in the mountains and there are all kinds of predators. Hansel didn't mind the temp cage and outside time, I think he kinda liked it. But Man, DZ did not like it at all! He went dark red almost the whole time he was in the temp cage and barely moved around. He did climb the mesh more than the branches and did some damage to his toenails. Nothing too bad and they are already growing back. And even having a whole clear sided cage he still tries to climb the ONE side that is screen. Thankfully he stopped that now too. But holy cow, when I put him back in his big cage he practically jumped and went to the highest point as fast as he could! Took him a few hours and he went back to his pretty colors. He's still adjusting but is way better. Notice the orange head in the first picture....that is a stress color for him. His head is normally a really pretty emerald green.

Attachments

• IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1656.JPG
    IMG_1656.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1657.JPG
    IMG_1657.JPG