Moving in June

Does anyone have any tips on connecting the vines to the mesh sides? I read somewhere using push pins works but is there anything else I could use?

Does anyone have any tips on connecting the vines to the mesh sides? I read somewhere using push pins works but is there anything else I could use?
Tiny zip ties. Go to your local nursery and see if they have a dwarf umbrella plant and a pothos plant. Cover the top of the dirt with 1inch river rock so he cant get to the dirt. This will create more hiding areas as well.
You can order the t5ho light online. Either lightyourreptiles.com or do a zoomed one. But do yourself a favor and buy the 24inch so that you don't have to buy that again as well. UVB bulbs do have to be replaced so let us know what you end up buying.

Okay so I went to every pet store in my area and the only thing I could find was the zoomed chameleon kit. And luckily the guy at PetSmart knew me and agreed the woman shouldn’t have sold me that kit and said I could return it! So that’s awesome. Here’s some pics of his updated home!
This is a lot more than most people would do in one afternoon, so it's a great start :) I'm a new cham keeper also and I know it can seem like a LOT of info coming at you at once but items all for the best for your cham!

This is a lot more than most people would do in one afternoon, so it's a great start :) I'm a new cham keeper also and I know it can seem like a LOT of info coming at you at once but items all for the best for your cham!
I agree... She is really jumping in and trying to make changes fast. It is very nice to see :)

I agree... She is really jumping in and trying to make changes fast. It is very nice to see :)

Thank you guys!! I’m really trying to give him the best life I can it’s just 1. There is a LOT of contradictory information out there! I don’t know what to believe! And 2. It’s really hard to get stuff around here
like I have to go a town over just to get crickets! I’m trying my best and it’s nice to feel like I’m doing some good, so thank you!

Thank you guys!! I’m really trying to give him the best life I can it’s just 1. There is a LOT of contradictory information out there! I don’t know what to believe! And 2. It’s really hard to get stuff around here
like I have to go a town over just to get crickets! I’m trying my best and it’s nice to feel like I’m doing some good, so thank you!
Ok so what are you looking for and we will help. You can order feeders online :) rainbowmealworms.com is where I get mine. They have Black soldier fly larvae aka phoenix worms, crickets, dubia, and more. Lightyourreptiles.com has light fixtures. This one is good http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/24...arcadia-12-and-6-5k-day-light-bulbs-included/ this one is better http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ho...ia-12-bulb-3-x-daylight-bulbs-built-in-timer/
Arcadia bulbs will only need to be replaced every 12 months. Mistking starter system is the best misting equipment. https://www.amazon.com/MistKing-222...teway&sprefix=mistking+starter,aps,202&sr=8-1

You will find to get the right stuff you will need to order.
But seriously we are happy to help. And when you do get a minute fill out that form so we know if they gave you additional incorrect info. Along with the wrong supplements. :)

Here are graphics that will help. It is normal to be overwhelmed with everything at first. ;)

Supplements pic.jpeg
Gutloading 101.jpeg
UVB lighting pic.jpeg
nonUVB pic.jpeg
Basic Feeder pic.jpeg

When I was doing research on my own online I did find a lot of contradictions, but this forum, you'll find, is a wealth of knowledge and the people here are usually all on the same page on chameleon husbandry. So you did the right thing coming here for help. Just do what these guys say and you'll be golden!

Order your feeders online. They are delivered promptly to your house, and are more healthy and cheaper than in any store. Just look into our site sponsors for good places to purchase insects.

Back
Top Bottom