moving house! help!

Kiki2803

Okay, here's the problem. I will be moving to Scotland in August (I currently live in London) and I'm going to be driving there. Its a really long journey and i was wondering how I was going to get Kiki (my chameleon) there.

Okay, here's the problem. I will be moving to Scotland in August (I currently live in London) and I'm going to be driving there. Its a really long journey and i was wondering how I was going to get Kiki (my chameleon) there.

It's a day's drive, correct? Put him in a box with a vine in it, and cover it or close the lid so that it's dark and put the box in a safe place where he won't get jostled too much. Once you get to the new place, set up his cage like normal and pop him back in. He'll sleep the whole time, no worries.

It's a day's drive, correct? Put him in a box with a vine in it, and cover it or close the lid so that it's dark and put the box in a safe place where he won't get jostled too much. Once you get to the new place, set up his cage like normal and pop him back in. He'll sleep the whole time, no worries.

I would also recommend you tape the box shut. Make sure he has ventilation holes. Be careful where you put the box in the car--some have the exhaust just under the floor and he might cook on the floor. If you have to leave the car, you can just pop the box in a dark cloth bag and take him with you so he won't be exposed to a hot car. I know you are in the UK, but a car in the sun can get very hot in short order, even if the outside temps are low.

Back
Top Bottom