Moving Chameleons

nivine

Alright so my family is driving to Missouri to see some friends over the summer and they want me to bring my chameleons with me but I'm a little worried because I'll have to set them up in a new enclosure that they're not familiar with (I can't take theyre current enclosure cause they each have a 2x3x5" custom enclosure). Just wondering what your thoughts are on whether it would cause too much stress to move them into a new environment for just a month. I'm in California by the way so they would also have to spend the night in a motel on the drive there

It sounds like a lot of stress. Do you know anyone, who the family is comfortable with, that can come pet sit a few times a week while you're gone?

Alright so my family is driving to Missouri to see some friends over the summer and they want me to bring my chameleons with me but I'm a little worried because I'll have to set them up in a new enclosure that they're not familiar with (I can't take theyre current enclosure cause they each have a 2x3x5" custom enclosure). Just wondering what your thoughts are on whether it would cause too much stress to move them into a new environment for just a month. I'm in California by the way so they would also have to spend the night in a motel on the drive there

I wouldn't take my chams along on a vacation just because someone "wants" me to. They will probably be better off staying where they are unless you don't have any responsible options for their care while you are gone. They aren't fond of changes and you can't necessarily predict how good the conditions and their temp setups are going to turn out. If you were going to be gone for months at a time, maybe.

I would leave them at home. I dont know your age or age of your friends but you can either give the responsibility to your friend or if you got your chams from a breeder to make a deal with him to watch your chams for some price..

I wouldn't take my chams along on a vacation just because someone "wants" me to. They will probably be better off staying where they are unless you don't have any responsible options for their care while you are gone. They aren't fond of changes and you can't necessarily predict how good the conditions and their temp setups are going to turn out. If you were going to be gone for months at a time, maybe.
That's what I figured. I just got them recently too so I don't want to stress them out too much. I have a back up plan that should work. Honestly I'm not sure why they want me to bring the chams anyway

Back
Top Bottom