Moving Chameleon

laurenlieven

Hi so I have to move my chameleon from my boyfriends house back to my house tomorrow. I was wondering if i should keep him in his cage and put a blanket over him to try to keep him as calm as possible as I know how much he hates being taken out. I could try to take him out but I know he will hiss and maybe try to bite me and I just want to keep him as calm as possible. Thank you so much

Well I would say how far you need to move him makes a difference. Because if you’re going by car it would probably be best to get him into a box or container with a branch in it so he doesn’t fly around.

Well I would say how far you need to move him makes a difference. Because if you’re going by car it would probably be best to get him into a box or container with a branch in it so he doesn’t fly around.
It’s about a 15 minute drive and I was planning on sitting in the back and holding his cage, but thank you i’m definitely gonna think about that!

It’s about a 15 minute drive and I was planning on sitting in the back and holding his cage, but thank you i’m definitely gonna think about that!

Yeah ok so a fifteen minute drive is definitely worth at least trying to get him in a box for transport. Unfortunately. Because the hard part is really just getting him in the box, then as soon as the cage is all set up again (if it was taken apart in the first place) you can leave the box in the bottom or something for him to climb out. Maybe to get him in the box you can put a tasty bug in there, then hold a stick or something and make sure he can’t reach it unless he goes on the stick? I dunno. I mean I would definitely say try to get him in the box, otherwise he’ll still probably be very stressed and may fly around.Which can be bad.

Back
Top Bottom