Moving at the end of the month

Big.D86

Established Member
I'm moving from Costa Mesa,CA To St.George,UT does anyone know the best way to transport chameleons safely. It's a 6 hour drive. I'm not sure exactly what time I'm leaving or arriving. I have little plastic containers that I was thinking of placing them in with some branches and a pothos. I was also thinking of carrying them in the front seat with me, good or bad idea?
Is the cardboard box the best solution so they don't stress out? Should I put them in a dark place so they don't get stressed? Thank you for your help and advice

Here’s how I travel with my chameleons.

5DD78D78-CC63-4781-A703-F8E5876C17B0.jpeg
0318C2D0-190E-40B2-9EB8-1DC9BDA75CB4.jpeg
877151CA-EFC1-49DA-8730-1313504D80D4.jpeg

I used a dark tote when I moved from Northern Cali to AZ. Kept it on the floor in the back on a thick towel. And then secured the tote so it would not move. This worked really well for me. My boy does not do well if he can see anything new or our dogs so dark was the way for me to go to keep him the least stressed. In the evenings when we got to hotels I would check on him put in new moist paper towels and then close it back up. He was in it for 2 days and did very well. branch was secured in holes I drilled into the tote and a small towel below it. I cut off pothos to wrap around the branch.

I used a dark tote when I moved from Northern Cali to AZ. Kept it on the floor in the back on a thick towel. And then secured the tote so it would not move. This worked really well for me. My boy does not do well if he can see anything new or our dogs so dark was the way for me to go to keep him the least stressed. In the evenings when we got to hotels I would check on him put in new moist paper towels and then close it back up. He was in it for 2 days and did very well. branch was secured in holes I drilled into the tote and a small towel below it. I cut off pothos to wrap around the branch.
I appreciate it @Beman I'm going to put them in one of the clear totes like above and put them inside a box so it's dark and they don't get stressed. I'll definitely make sure it's secured and it's shake proof. Thank you again

I appreciate it @Beman I'm going to put them in one of the clear totes like above and put them inside a box so it's dark and they don't get stressed. I'll definitely make sure it's secured and it's shake proof. Thank you again
Yeah I had this clear tote that I actually wrapped in brown shipping paper. Just make sure you have holes drilled through the totes and box for air circulation. Keep the box out of the sun. Or it will get too hot for them. My back windows are really tinted on my car so that kept the temp better.

Yeah I had this clear tote that I actually wrapped in brown shipping paper. Just make sure you have holes drilled through the totes and box for air circulation. Keep the box out of the sun. Or it will get too hot for them. My back windows are really tinted on my car so that kept the temp better.
I'm renting a sprinter van, so there's no sun going in the back. I'll definitely give them some ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom