Movement

Jakama

How long do chameleons usually take to poo? Mine has been working on her current movement now for about twenty minutes. What should I do?

Hehe, okay. Is that a normal amount of time, though? Just wondering if I should make any dietary adjustments.

Hehe, okay. Is that a normal amount of time, though? Just wondering if I should make any dietary adjustments.

LOL!! I am not really sure how long a normal movement should be. I have never really sat and watched one poop:D Though, if it takes a super long time it could be from over feeding, too large of prey and even basking temps not helping to digest.

Can you give some info on your temps in your enclosure. Day, night and basking. Also the size of prey, what type of prey and your feeding schedule along with how old and size of the animal?

LOL!! I am not really sure how long a normal movement should be. I have never really sat and watched one poop:D Though, if it takes a super long time it could be from over feeding, too large of prey and even basking temps not helping to digest.

Can you give some info on your temps in your enclosure. Day, night and basking. Also the size of prey, what type of prey and your feeding schedule along with how old and size of the animal?

not to be weird but I have watched mine poop and it doesn't take twenty minutes. More like 30 secs or a little more. Just sayin.....:D

I don't have a thermometer yet, but I am getting one very soon. I have had some trouble with prey- at the place where I got her, they only fed her mealworms, so it took a bit to transition her from mealworms to small crickets, but as of today she is eating them very regularly. She has eaten four or five today. My chameleon is about five months old, and about seven inches from nose to tail.

not to be weird but I have watched mine poop and it doesn't take twenty minutes. More like 30 secs or a little more. Just sayin.....:D

LOL!!! I have caught mine in the act but then I just leave them alone. Im not too impressed with turds Hahahahaha!:D

Jakama, you really need to get something to measure the temps. Walmart sells a digital thermometer with an inside reading and an outside probe so you can see what is going on inside and out. They are only around 10$. This could be the problem. If the basking temp is not adequate it could be backing her up. How long has it been since the last movement? How big is this new turd and did it take much longer than 20 minutes. That does seem like quite a bit of time. I hope its not a rival to Bono:rolleyes::D

Back
Top Bottom