Moved to new enclosure

jrdeaton83

So my 6mo panther cham got moved into his new enclosure yesterday. He was very active and happy in his old one, but I am leaving him in the care of my wife for a few months due to a military deployment, so I wanted to go ahead to get him moved over. Since I moved him he’s been really sluggish, mostly just curled up on a branch, but not sleeping. Just wondering if this was normal when moving to a larger enclosure? Thanks

Has your cham been tested for parasites? Could you post some pics of you cham and his enclosure, please?

He should be walking around and exploring the new enclosure out after a day or two of being in there. The move was probably just a little bit stressful on him. I'd be concerned if he wasn't being active in the enclosure after a day or two.

Attachments

• A4A68BEA-C39C-47D2-9E0B-CB0BF8191E11.jpeg
    A4A68BEA-C39C-47D2-9E0B-CB0BF8191E11.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 79E2C506-69C1-4DC5-B698-18423D61E81B.jpeg
    79E2C506-69C1-4DC5-B698-18423D61E81B.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 83
Thanks! Hopefully it’s just stress! When you got his fecal checked, was it only one sample or more? Did the vet do bloodwork or x-rays, too?

Thanks! Hopefully it’s just stress! When you got his fecal checked, was it only one sample or more? Did the vet do bloodwork or x-rays, too?
It was checked a few weeks ago. By my wife (she’s an exotics vet, but not much experience with chameleons, but a lot with sea turtles). Not x-rays or blood work done on him. He’s seemed perfectly fine and healthy until we moved him, other than he’s been growing kind of slow, so that’s why we checked for parasites.

It was checked a few weeks ago. By my wife (she’s an exotics vet, but not much experience with chameleons, but a lot with sea turtles). Not x-rays or blood work done on him. He’s seemed perfectly fine and healthy until we moved him, other than he’s been growing kind of slow, so that’s why we checked for parasites.
I would get x-rays and bloodwork done by an experienced chameleon vet to rule out diseases, infections, vitamin deficiencies, etc. Also float some more fecal samples (at least 2-3+) to make sure no parasites were missed in the first one

I would get x-rays and bloodwork done by an experienced chameleon vet to rule out diseases, infections, vitamin deficiencies, etc. Also float some more fecal samples (at least 2-3+) to make sure no parasites were missed in the first one
Alright will do, I’ll see about getting in contact with one tomorrow. I really appreciate the help! And thanks for the compliments on the enclosure and chameleon! He’s awesome!

Alright will do, I’ll see about getting in contact with one tomorrow. I really appreciate the help! And thanks for the compliments on the enclosure and chameleon! He’s awesome!
No problem, happy to help! And of course the enclosure and your cham are awesome, just look at them! 😊

Back
Top Bottom