Mouth Rot?

PTCham

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon Veiled chameleon, male, 4-6 months of age, has been in my care for 1 Month
  • Handling Only hand feeding, doesn't darken if I bring my hand near but he will shy away
  • Feeding At least 10 3/4 crickets a day. Often with a hornworm or super worm
  • Supplements Calc every other day, D3 and Repcal Herptivite 2x a month
  • Watering Misting about 3-4 times a day. (Up it during shed)
  • Fecal Description Not very frequent, but when I see it is healthy
  • History FL Cham

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type Screen ZooMed Reptibreeze enclosure 24”x24”x48”
  • Lighting 75 watt basking bulb, 5.0 UYB linear reptisun bulb
  • Temperature Basking temp is 85, ambient is temp is 75
  • Humidity Rises to about 70 when misting but falls to around 40-50 at other times. Evaporates quick with the screen enclosure. (I have plastic tablecloth on the sides for humidity capture
  • Plants A large Schefflera Arboricola in the middle
  • Placement In my bedroom, top is about 6' high, I don't spend much time in my bedroom and he sleeps very well

Current Problem He just finished a shed and towards the end of the shed I noticed he still had a little skin on his mouth. I assumed he would handle the shed perfectly well. Yesterday, I noticed that he had a brown looking patch on his lip (in picture, hard to see, he's asleep; I turned on lights to take picture). The patch looks 3-Dimensional, meaning it isn't directly on his mouth. Kinda looks like red dead skin peeling off. He has been eating fine and uses his tongue fine.

Attachments

• mouth rot.jpg
    mouth rot.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 153
It seems like it may be mouth rot. It is only on the outside of his lip, so I may have to check out getting a povidone-iodine solution or Baytril. I'll be checking with my vet tech soon, but if any of you have any idea what this could be, let me know. (Again, poor quality image, his right our left side of the mouth)
cham.jpg

Update, it seems to be going away, but I still plan on disinfecting the area with Betadine.

Back
Top Bottom