mouth rot or rub spots?

faithxw

I have noticed my 2 girls, Jackson's, have some small spots on their noses.. I'm wondering if its rub spots or mouth rot? We have no vets here where I live who are familiar with reptiles, so I'm wondering how to treat this?

I'm still trying to learn how to post pics.. I don't have a computer, so I've been having to use my phone, sorry guys!

well... if you're able to access this place through your phone, im guessing you have a descent phone that can accept email, and take pictures.

Step 1. Take tons of pics, side shots, head shots, vent, cage, eye, etc.
Step 2. locate those in your phone and send them to your email. your phone should have this option. even 'dumb phones' with just txting
step 3. go to photobucket.com and create an account and get familiar with it. they have an app for phones to sync photos automatically.
Step 4. you will have to copy and paste the IMG link from the pic once uploaded (usually takes a click, its under the pic)then copy and paste this and ALL of your questions in a post. Might want to fill out a 'how to ask for help' form and in your thread somewhere
too.
Forsure once you've given us pictures, many and most of your stressful possibilities will go away.

i hope your phone can atleast handle this

Or like my phone when you're replyingit has a little camera icon next to the submit and discard that lets u post pics really easy ..

from what I have seen on here(have not dealt with it personally) mouth rot is usually on the side of the mouth and not in the nose area. I would suspect nose rub before mouth rot. You can always inspect the inside of your chameleons mouth and see if you see anything that does not look normal in the area of the spot on the outside.

pygmy chameleon

Hi i hope someone can help me! I have 4 pygmy chameleons 3 wc and 1 cb. One of the wc ones is female i`ve had her for about 5 mounths now and about 4 days ago i`ve notist her mouth is slightly starting to go rounderd,she is drinking like normal walking,allthough her eating is a bit slower like her mouth is sore! I use NUTROBAL a calcium balancer & multivitamin supplement. The man at the shop told me to dust the food every feed time,but i have read all sorts like only dust once a week or dust twice a week and even once a mounth! The other 3 are doing just fine,what am i doing wrong? She laid 4 eggs last week and the day after i notist her mouth. She also takes deep breaths,I will be taking her to the vet tomorrow ( thats when i have the car ) just need some advice untill then thanyou x

Pictures will help a bunch. i suppliment almost every feeding. Any problems with her limbs? or anything else?

so sorry cant down load any pics! my camera is on its way out and it was rubbish for close ups!! am quite new on here so not sure how it all works, no her limbs are all fine she climbs all over shes not wobbely at all its just her mouth, when i first got her i did notice her mouth was more rounder than the other 2 but not much! but now u can really tell.. Could it be mouth rot?

Back
Top Bottom