Mouse

I know this is totally off subject but, my brother has a mouse that has been constantly scratching his face and he pretty much scratched it off but, we've been giving him aloe and it's been helping.
Today he came down with the mouse in his hands and the mouse is just kind of laying on his side but when we pick him up he acts normal.
I think the aloe has been helping but not enough is there anything else we can do?

Attachments

• IMG_20221006_102122613.jpg
    IMG_20221006_102122613.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 72
You really should take the poor thing to a vet because we can only guess what's wrong...most of us on here are not vets.

Can you post clearer photos of the face please.

These might help...
https://mouseranch.com/FYI/itchy&scratchy.shtml

https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t5...ching-both-sides-of-her-head-until-bloody-raw
He's sleeping right now I'll take better photos when he wakes up, thanks for
all your help though, the other guy was just accusing me of being a bad chameleon owner because my chameleon wouldn't eat when she was a baby.

all your help though, the other guy was just accusing me of being a bad chameleon owner because my chameleon wouldn't eat when she was a baby.
hun may I ask how old you are? Not trying to be offensive because we have many young keepers here. But it would help us to help you so we break things down more if we need to.

I know this is totally off subject but, my brother has a mouse that has been constantly scratching his face and he pretty much scratched it off but, we've been giving him aloe and it's been helping.
Today he came down with the mouse in his hands and the mouse is just kind of laying on his side but when we pick him up he acts normal.
I think the aloe has been helping but not enough is there anything else we can do?
I think a vet would be the best option’s there could be a lot of the that could make him scratch. How long has he been scratching?

If you have a 2 month old puppy that wasn't eating would you take to vet to find out why.
I'm a single dad with 2 kids and no help in any way. If my kids want a pet I frist make sure they knw the needs of it and have the supplies needed before they get. I read up on it as a parent should and ask them questions for it's care. If they don't knw answers I tell them to read up more.
Never seen someone keep a cham in what u call a mouse cage. With no plants light dripper just a water bowl.

So since your a kids it's mainly your parents fault. So you knw to setup to cham cages right it's going to cost about $800 to set both up.

If they don't have proper uvb bulb they won't eat or develop right. Since u had one for a year with wrong uvb not eating and so much more. Thats inhumane and cruelty to animals.

I won't comment any more I hope beman gets you all sorted out.

Last edited:
If you have a 2 month old puppy that wasn't eating would you take to vet to find out why.
I'm a single dad with 2 kids and no help in any way. If my kids want a pet I frist make sure they knw the needs of it and have the supplies needed before they get. I read up on it as a parent should and ask them questions for it's care. If they don't knw answers I tell them to read up more.
Never seen someone keep a cham in what u call a mouse cage. With no plants light dripper just a water bowl.

So since your a kids it's mainly your parents fault. So you knw to setup to cham cages right it's going to cost about $800 to set both up.

If they don't have proper uvb bulb they won't eat or develop right. Since u had one for a year with wrong uvb not eating and so much more. Thats inhumane and cruelty to animals.
Gentle.... This is not an adult. This is a child. Their parents may not take an active roll in what they have or what may have health issues. We will not be able to help if they feel attacked and leave. Which does not help the chameleons nor the keeper.

I understand where you are coming from. I am a single mother and teach my daughter what it is to care for a living thing. I greatly appreciate the time and knowledge you give freely on this forum. Some situations we have to approach more gently than others. This is one of those situations. The forum is meant to be an inviting place where people of any age can get help. This keeper is here trying to learn and is being open to feedback so lets please embrace that.

Back
Top Bottom