mounting pot

Dragon Ledges are amazing! https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ The best thing since sliced bread! There are other ways though. The main thing is to make sure that the weight is on the frame and not the screen. You can use garden trellis secured with florist wire to the frame and then attach pots and branches to that. You can attach branches vertically to the frame and them create a scaffolding type structure building off of that. You can elevate your plant pots on the floor - just make sure they are secure and can’t fall on your chameleon. If you’re handy or a diy’er, you can try to craft your own version of dragon ledges from sheet metal. You can get some plastic lighting eggcrate and create faux backgrounds with Great Stuff foam and have plant pots built in. There’s quite a few enclosure and build threads in the archives that are sure to give you some inspiration. :)

Dragon ledges are the gold standard but I have also used diy versions. I believe Neptune has a video showing a diy option.

I hang sheets of rigid plastic from the top frame of the cage. I mount the pots with zip ties to the plastic and for bonus points cover the plastic and pots with pond and stone expanding foam.
The two cages on the right have the foam and the 2 on the left are without. I mount to the sides but you could mount to the back. I also attach tiny cups to the plastic that hold the ends of branches.
IMG_2449.jpg

Back
Top Bottom