Mounting mistking inside or ontop

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am so tired of hand misting in the mornings, but I can’t bring myself to poke a hole in my new Dragon Strand to install the Mist King thats been sitting next to it for months.

Anyone mount (or just lay) the misters on top outside the cage? I like the idea of not seeing the mist heads, but am concerned about water pooling on the top or around my lights. The drippers I used in the past pooled on the screen and thats one of the reasons i didnt like using them. On the other hand, I have some plants that would benefit from being in the direct line of mist spray...

I know James lays his on top. Anyone else ? @jamest0o0 does any of the finer mist still get through or is it more like larger drops?

Thanks for any input.

C5BC7015-C85F-4B3A-8309-675879F8FE8B.jpeg

I am so tired of hand misting in the mornings, but I can’t bring myself to poke a hole in my new Dragon Strand to install the Mist King thats been sitting next to it for months.

Anyone mount (or just lay) the misters on top outside the cage? I like the idea of not seeing the mist heads, but am concerned about water pooling on the top or around my lights. The drippers I used in the past pooled on the screen and thats one of the reasons i didnt like using them. On the other hand, I have some plants that would benefit from being in the direct line of mist spray...

I know James lays his on top. Anyone else ? @jamest0o0 does any of the finer mist still get through or is it more like larger drops?

Thanks for any input.

The rain makers I've made with gutters to keep the mist confined do allow fine mist through but they also allow pooling under them. Not a bad thing as it lets them have more opportunity for water between mistings. If you look closely behind the light you'll see them.

Screenshot_2019-06-21-20-07-12.png

I've been doing this for a couple years with no problems. I prefer it, plenty of fine mist gets through and it also makes rain drops.

Wheres your placement on top? Does the water pool stay relatively confined? I have 48” lights plus three cage lights on top. Are you using the single no nozzle just pointed down? I think I ordered the dual nozzles.

I know Im probably overthinking this and will regret waiting so long once its installed!

Wheres your placement on top? Does the water pool stay relatively confined? I have 48” lights plus three cage lights on top. Are you using the single no nozzle just pointed down? I think I ordered the dual nozzles.

I know Im probably overthinking this and will regret waiting so long once its installed!

I have a 48" quad Arcadia, 2 jungle Dawn's, and a basking bulb over it lol. I put the lights over that metal shelf and then ziptied the nozzles on. I have 5 nozzles over the enclosure which would spray for anywhere from 45 min to 2hrs each day(depending on the day). The water would just pool in a puddle around the nozzles.

Thanks!! I forgot about the grate... that would be perfect. Probanly shouldve just sent a text but thought I’d give you the weekend off lol

Hahaha yeah the grate works great!

And no worries, feel free to send a text any time (y)(I'm sure I'll be bothering you guys with insulation questions... lol)

My MistKing dual nozzles are inside the enclosure, there are some mist that get on the front glass and drip down into the substrate. It's working fine so far. I have regularly seen my cham walk up towards the fine mist and open and close his mouth, most probably taking in the water. He also wash his eyes by letting the mist collect on his eyelids.

Back
Top Bottom