MOULD

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hi everyone!

I’ve had a bioactive enclosure for some time now and everything is going very well however after some time my lower logs have developed mould. I do have spingtails and they’re sorting the ground out but not these logs.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I can’t take these out as they hold everything together I’ve cleaned it off a few times but it comes back within a week.

(Last pic of my man for fun)

Attachments

• IMG_7132.jpeg
    IMG_7132.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7133.jpeg
    IMG_7133.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7134.jpeg
    IMG_7134.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 30
How’s cleanup crew doing? Healthy and established? Had this in the beginning and after the CuC was large enough I’ve never seen it anymore. Especially springtails feed themselves on this.
They look good. When I raid a lot of the substrate I can see them all. Would it be worth me shoving some more springtails in there maybe? Thought they may not be getting it as it’s so elevated?

They look good. When I raid a lot of the substrate I can see them all. Would it be worth me shoving some more springtails in there maybe? Thought they may not be getting it as it’s so elevated?
i would be careful with that, because they can populate pretty quickly. Then an other option is using a pc fan to create more air circulation, because your branches keep staying wet. How's your soil, moist or soaked? because then the branches are absorbing the moist from the soil.

i would be careful with that, because they can populate pretty quickly. Then an other option is using a pc fan to create more air circulation, because your branches keep staying wet. How's your soil, moist or soaked? because then the branches are absorbing the moist from the soil.
I’d be confused by the circulation as two sides are mesh and on a night I have the two sides half covered by window cover and then I do fog heavily it may be too heavy I do 5 minutes every hour - I have my window in my room open though. I have also halved my misting time now so I think my must king fires twice a day for 2 mins.
Yeah how is your air circulation and drainage? This happens when the wood is too wet.
Circulation ^^^ and my drainage is sweet water is making it through when necessary. Maybe too much is coming through; I have now halved my two misting times - I live in the UK so it’s cold so I think you’re probs on to something with the soil as it won’t be warm at the bottom. Since we’ve hit winter too I rarely see Bruce venture down there.

I’d be confused by the circulation as two sides are mesh and on a night I have the two sides half covered by window cover and then I do fog heavily it may be too heavy I do 5 minutes every hour - I have my window in my room open though. I have also halved my misting time now so I think my must king fires twice a day for 2 mins.

Circulation ^^^ and my drainage is sweet water is making it through when necessary. Maybe too much is coming through; I have now halved my two misting times - I live in the UK so it’s cold so I think you’re probs on to something with the soil as it won’t be warm at the bottom. Since we’ve hit winter too I rarely see Bruce venture down there.
Don't stop your hydration cyclus, I'm fogging 15 min per hour 7 hours in a row. Blowing air in let me dry out the branches better. I'm guessing your top layer stays too wet, which your branches absorb. Blowing air in, would be the only way to treat this without changing the soil. I'm using a aquarium cooling fan just above the bottom and since then I have no wet soil or a lot access water from soil. This kind I'm using https://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Cooling-Fan/s?k=Aquarium+Cooling+Fan

Don't stop your hydration cyclus, I'm fogging 15 min per hour 7 hours in a row. Blowing air in let me dry out the branches better. I'm guessing your top layer stays too wet, which your branches absorb. Blowing air in, would be the only way to treat this without changing the soil. I'm using an aquarium cooling fan just above the bottom and since then I have no wet soil or a lot access water from soil. This kind I'm using https://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Cooling-Fan/s?k=Aquarium+Cooling+Fan
Thank you so much! 🐐 I’ll look into fitting a fan :)

Back
Top Bottom