MOTH surprise!

Bush baby

Avid Member
So i went into Petsmart today, just to browse. While i was there i decided to get my cham some wax worms. I went over to the the fridge, but they were all out. As i was about to leave, i walked past the section where they keep the super worms, and noticed they had one wax worm container. I thought it odd because they're usually store in the fridge. So out of curiosity i opened up the container. To my surprise, i saw dozens of wax moths crawling around inside! In all my years, i have never seen a wax moth, so needless to say, i purchased the wax worm container, and gave my Jackson his for taste of wax moth!

I always assumed that when a wax worm turns black, it's dead. However, the wax moth container i just purchased is full of them. Is black the color they turn when they're about to pupate..?

So i went into Petsmart today, just to browse. While i was there i decided to get my cham some wax worms. I went over to the the fridge, but they were all out. As i was about to leave, i walked past the section where they keep the super worms, and noticed they had one wax worm container. I thought it odd because they're usually store in the fridge. So out of curiosity i opened up the container. To my surprise, i saw dozens of wax moths crawling around inside! In all my years, i have never seen a wax moth, so needless to say, i purchased the wax worm container, and gave my Jackson his for taste of wax moth!

I always assumed that when a wax worm turns black, it's dead. However, the wax moth container i just purchased is full of them. Is black the color they turn when they're about to pupate..?

Well, they do turn a dark color, but the pupae will have a shiny soft shell in segments. A dead waxworm looks deflated, mushy, and smells.

Back
Top Bottom