Most People Had Cats........We Had Tigers

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
So this isn’t really about me but it’s still really cool. Long story short, my dad ended up with 5 tigers as pets, they had Shena which was the mom, Tigger the dad, and there were 3 cubs. Super sweet animals they never growled or roared (I think they do that) they only chuffed. My dads family had about 5 acres and made a wonderful home for these big cats. I just want to show how sweet they can be considering that there numbers are decreasing rapidly :cautious:. Some people think that they are these giant hairy monsters that can scar you for life. But they are like giant house cats and have astonishing personalities.Ok enough with the details, here are the pretty kitties!!

The top is Shena and the bottom is Tigger!

How did your dad come to get tigers? Wow!
I have no idea, they had to go through this whole permit thing before hand though, I think it was something to do with people not baking able to take care of them before and they went to a rescue. I’ll ask later.

Like house cats, I'm sure they are, but house cats will bite and scratch pretty hard even while playing lol. Can't imagine that from one of these beasts! Very cool.

Something that comes to mind... A lot of people say these animals don't belong in captivity, but the sad truth is, their only realistic future is being kept in captivity. Years from now I'd bet most exotic animals are only in protected parks, zoo's, and private ownership. I see no problem with it given somebody has the resources. It's better than them going extinct.

Like house cats, I'm sure they are, but house cats will bite and scratch pretty hard even while playing lol. Can't imagine that from one of these beasts! Very cool.

Something that comes to mind... A lot of people say these animals don't belong in captivity, but the sad truth is, their only realistic future is being kept in captivity. Years from now I'd bet most exotic animals are only in protected parks, zoo's, and private ownership. I see no problem with it given somebody has the resources. It's better than them going extinct.

I’m 99% sure I saw one of these at your house...

Back
Top Bottom