Moss

Hi and welcome . Ihave seen java and feather moss used in bio active set ups for living walls which I was thinking about using in the future

Real moss is safe and doesn't get changed out. You do want to avoid anything spiney that could be choked on by species that eat crap. Main problem with moss is that it doesn't usually thrive in a proper chameleon set up. I did get some to take hold in my parsonii enclosure that got 1hr+ mistings a day and high night humidity, but even then it was mostly only growing right under the misters and lights. I'll add a pic where you can see it.

20181208_133007.jpg 20181208_133001.jpg 20181208_133027.jpg

Real moss is safe and doesn't get changed out. You do want to avoid anything spiney that could be choked on by species that eat crap. Main problem with moss is that it doesn't usually thrive in a proper chameleon set up. I did get some to take hold in my parsonii enclosure that got 1hr+ mistings a day and high night humidity, but even then it was mostly only growing right under the misters and lights. I'll add a pic where you can see it.

View attachment 294347View attachment 294348View attachment 294349
I see you got some pitchers in there?!

Fake moss is unsafe because it’s holds bacteria. However, real moss is tolerated as long as it’s changed regularly. What are you using it for? The bottom of the cage?
Yeah I am still in the planning stage so I was thinking of adding it as an accent around the cage. If it is not recommended I think I will skip it for now because this chameleon is going to be my first. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom