Morph finally hitting a year old ✌🏻

Mattson98

Surprised for my first go around I've had 0 issues with her , I was kinda upset when I first got her because I asked for a male but having to deal with eggs and really having to learn alot more than I intended was great for me and for the future experience of owning them . I will def be a life long owner of chams. She's been very easy and she enjoys coming out to the point where she will climb up on me the second I open the cage. I know alot of people when I joined said to keep interactions to a minimum. But I think if I didn't handle her as much as I did when she was a baby she wouldn't remotely be as social as she is. It's not like I was taking her out every single day but I did keep interactions with her very persistent. Just wondering if anyone else has had overly fond veils. Also wondering if the males are more aggressive?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210315-205944.jpg
    Screenshot_20210315-205944.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 54
That is her name lol
I was confused.
She is a very cute girl. She looks healthy, too.

Have you considered adding some live foliage into her enclosure for her? I'm betting she would enjoy it.

My male veiled is not as friendly as my female, but I have heard others say differently from their own experiences.

I was confused.
She is a very cute girl. She looks healthy, too.

Have you considered adding some live foliage into her enclosure for her? I'm betting she would enjoy it.

My male veiled is not as friendly as my female, but I have heard others say differently from their own experiences.
I have some live foliage in there ,I have live pothos at the bottom planted in actual soil that makes up her substrate. She also got pissed the last time a changed anything in there. I'll be getting her the huge cage in the next week or 2 and I've been waiting for that one to actually start a whole all natural setup. The soil has really helped with not having to drain anything and it cleans itself most of the time. I swap it out every couple weeks.Its enough though that it keeps the humidity perfect in her cage ,solves needing drainage,and she's been healthy a whole year so whatever I'm doing seems to be working pretty well. She eats well,hasn't had any kinds of wounds ,no deformities,and she's generally always in a good mood. Hopefully she lives a decent amount of time. The whole eggbound problem scares me a bit and makes me nervous lol just because she is female and I hope I don't ever run into it.

I have some live foliage in there ,I have live pothos at the bottom planted in actual soil that makes up her substrate. She also got pissed the last time a changed anything in there. I'll be getting her the huge cage in the next week or 2 and I've been waiting for that one to actually start a whole all natural setup. The soil has really helped with not having to drain anything and it cleans itself most of the time. I swap it out every couple weeks.Its enough though that it keeps the humidity perfect in her cage ,solves needing drainage,and she's been healthy a whole year so whatever I'm doing seems to be working pretty well. She eats well,hasn't had any kinds of wounds ,no deformities,and she's generally always in a good mood. Hopefully she lives a decent amount of time. The whole eggbound problem scares me a bit and makes me nervous lol just because she is female and I hope I don't ever run into it.
I do agree, whatever you're doing seems to be working.
A lot of people are scared of issues surrounding getting egg bound, but if you have good husbandry practices then you'll likely be just fine. And you seem confident in your husbandry, so I'm thinking you'll be just fine

I do agree, whatever you're doing seems to be working.
A lot of people are scared of issues surrounding getting egg bound, but if you have good husbandry practices then you'll likely be just fine. And you seem confident in your husbandry, so I'm thinking you'll be just fine
Yeah I already got her through one clutch. Hopefully many more

Back
Top Bottom