More than he could chew

Cactus

My little Cham only a few weeks old but off a bit of apple and I’m afraid it was to big for him. A few minutes after he started doing a stretch looking thing he hasn’t done it in a few minutes but just wanted to chew on him ( sorry to post again so soon) the bit he got was no larger than his once in a while meal worm treats and was a strip not a chunk

My little Cham only a few weeks old but off a bit of apple and I’m afraid it was to big for him. A few minutes after he started doing a stretch looking thing he hasn’t done it in a few minutes but just wanted to chew on him ( sorry to post again so soon)
They do this when something is to big . They put there head straight up nostrils to the ceiling . Stretching to move the food , etc down . If he/ was chocking you would know they cough , stick there tongue out ,, and gag .

They do this when something is to big . They put there head straight up nostrils to the ceiling . Stretching to move the food , etc down . If he/ was chocking you would know they cough , stick there tongue out ,, and gag .
They also will have head high nostrils to the ceiling with respiratory issues . Please watch for any mucus , bubbles , wheezing or coughing .

Ok thanks that’s what I thought just an over protective guy I guess lol agin thanks so much God bless:)
Your most welcome . Do you have the how to help form filled out ? I see your a new member . It’s helpful to other watching this thread or future reference .

My little Cham only a few weeks old but off a bit of apple and I’m afraid it was to big for him. A few minutes after he started doing a stretch looking thing he hasn’t done it in a few minutes but just wanted to chew on him ( sorry to post again so soon) the bit he got was no larger than his once in a while meal worm treats and was a strip not a chunk
Why are you feeding your baby apples and mealworms? Apples are much too hard for a chameleon to chew. Mealworms are high in ciatin and if fed in excess can cause impaction. I feel like you're not taking any advice from your previous threads you've made. If you want him to eat apples feed the apples to his feeders.

Attachments

• chameleon-food.jpg
    chameleon-food.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 105
  • chameleon-gutload.jpg
    chameleon-gutload.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 106
Why are you feeding your baby apples and mealworms? Apples are much too hard for a chameleon to chew. Mealworms are high in ciatin and if fed in excess can cause impaction. I feel like you're not taking any advice from your previous threads you've made. If you want him to eat apples feed the apples to his feeders.
Good eye @CamoChameleonsHuman o totally missed the meal worm I only saw the apple and though oh no even a small peace would be to big .

Good eye @CamoChameleonsHuman o totally missed the meal worm I only saw the apple and though oh no even a small peace would be to big .
Yes this is my 3rd or 4th time calling this person out to make the serious changes that need to be made. Either I have been muted by this person or this person refuses to respond to my comments but @Beman gave the equivalent to a F- on @Cactus original thread "help form". I've never seen so much red!

Giving him an assortment of leafy greens from the Gutload care image is ok. You do not want to feed hard fruits ever. I would correct the current husbandry issues and continue learning before you try to stray and do your own thing. There is a reason why you will hear the same information from us all. We are very careful and diligent in our husbandry because one miss step can be disastrous for these guys.

Yes this is my 3rd or 4th time calling this person out to make the serious changes that need to be made. Either I have been muted by this person or this person refuses to respond to my comments but @Beman gave the equivalent to a F- on @Cactus original thread "help form". I've never seen so much red!
Oh no I’m sorry @CamoChameleonsHuman its very frustrating to continuously repeat your self for it to fall on Deaf ears . I’m sure your growling at this point . I’m sorry for your frustration I completely understand .

Giving him an assortment of leafy greens from the Gutload care image is ok. You do not want to feed hard fruits ever. I would correct the current husbandry issues and continue learning before you try to stray and do your own thing. There is a reason why you will hear the same information from us all. We are very careful and diligent in our husbandry because one miss step can be disastrous for these guys.

Meaning death @Cactus your precious baby could die with the little mistake with husbandry . So please please please re-read the care sheets thats been given . Ask questions If you don’t understand . I’m not saying this because I think you are dumb I’m saying this because I my self have a child with dyslexia visual or audio is much better for some .

I'm getting to @Brodybreaux25 level of hulkness
I know it is frustrating. All we can do is show people the way. If they choose not to listen to our repeated attempts then it is their cham that will suffer but we can walk away knowing that we have done our best. I have had to back off a bit because I found myself being personally attached to New Keepers success. This makes it too hard for me to offer advice when it falls on deaf ears.

Meaning death @Cactus your precious baby could die with the little mistake with husbandry . So please please please re-read the care sheets thats been given . Ask questions If you don’t understand . I’m not saying this because I think you are dumb I’m saying this because I my self have a child with dyslexia visual or audio is much better for some .
Exactly I just try not to use the D word lol. Makes me sad.

I know it is frustrating. All we can do is show people the way. If they choose not to listen to our repeated attempts then it is their cham that will suffer but we can walk away knowing that we have done our best. I have had to back off a bit because I found myself being personally attached to New Keepers success. This makes it too hard for me to offer advice when it falls on deaf ears.
I took a whole year break do to this reason . There was a time new keepers would go through 2 or even 3 chameleon with in months . I can’t handle that it makes me so very sad . Like 2016/2017 .

Back
Top Bottom